Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Slow/fast flow nipples

When did lo's switch from slow flow to fast flow? DD is seven months old I think she is doing fine with slow flow but daycare (where she only attends 2days a week) is encouraging me to switch to fast flow because they think she is getting frustrated with bottles. I see no signs of this at all and pedi said if she isn't collapsing nipples she is fine. I've tried medium and fast flow and they seem to mostly end up on her face.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Slow/fast flow nipples

• We try every 2 weeks or so and she gets so much formula on her bib and chin, and she spits up a ton. So, she's still on slow at 7.5 almost 8 months.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imagejuliane2004:
    We try every 2 weeks or so and she gets so much formula on her bib and chin, and she spits up a ton. So, she's st
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I knew it was time to switch dd when it was taking her about 45 min to finish a bottle. She seemed to just get bored and not want her bottle anymore so we changed. It took a few days for her to get used to the faster flowing nipple, but once she got the h
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We just switched to medium at 6 and a half months.
  • DD is 8 months and has been on fast flow about 3 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I found with DS that daycare was encouraging the switch before I thought it was necessary. I think they just wanted him to eat faster. DD is still on slow bc she's BFed, so I don't want her getting used to a faster flow from the bottle than she'll get fro

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"