Homeschooling
Options

*KLilley*

Can you tell me a little more about My Father's World curriculum?

It's one that I'm strongly considering next year for my kids.  I would like to use 1st grade for DS1 and Kindergarten for DS2 (as pre-k).  A lot of the reviews I read said that I would need to supplement with additional phonics for 1st grade and math for Kindergarten.  I saw that you are also supplementing.  Can you tell me what the My Father's World curriculum is missing?

I like that it is Bible-centered and it seems like all of the reviews say the lessons are short and you can complete a day's work in a few hours tops.  Is this true?

How structured are the teaching manuals?  

Will you be using this curriculum in the future?

Re: *KLilley*

• Options

I love MFW for so many reasons.  I started using it last year when DS1 was in K.  It only took around 1 1/2 hours a day to do all the curriculum required for K so I decided to begin supplementing simply to provide more work to do. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

We live in Ohio.  Compulsory school age is 6 here, but we started Kindy with him this year anyways.  Since I didn't have to officially enroll him with the school district, we used this year as a trial period to see what does and doesn't work.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

MFW math for K and grade 1 (basic package, which is what I got- the deluxe comes with math worksheets) is essentially un-schooling math.  Stuff like shopping, counting money, adding people in rooms, etc.  Kind of stuff you would do anyway.&nb

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Thanks for all the info!  I was talking it over with DH tonight and we think we're probably going to go for it and purchase MFW.  I may look into Explode the Code as well.

We may be going to the big homeschool convention in Cinci in a f

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"