TTC after 35

When do you try?

I'm just wondering when you actually try to conceive? Is it after a positive opk and if so how many times? ... Maybe I'm not doing it right... It's supposed to be positive opk then try that day and maybe 3 more days? Do you do every other day? Or do you do the whole week prior to opk... I just don't know what to do anymore.. Tia

Re: When do you try?

• Hi Sohappy,  I have been in the same boat as you, and learned that you should be doing the deed three days before you ovulate and the day of ovulation, so trying to coordinate the OPK positve and ovulating from being anywhere from 12hrs-

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Thanks for the helpful info Jacque!
    I just bought my BBT thermometer this weekend and have started temping already, just to get in the habit. Plus, my Wondfo order will arrive tomorrow from Amazon with my OP and PG test strips in it!
    I hones
                                     *******SIGGY WARNING/Chlidren mentioned***********

ME: 41 ----- DH: 43
                                                       MARRIED: 5/3/14
                                                   DS,17   DD,16   DD,12   DS,10
                                                               TR: 4-2-12
                                             TTC our 1st love child! No luck so far! 

• Loading the player...
  • QOTRQOTR member

imageMsJazzy73:
    It's weird to be so in the dark about all this, after having four kids already!

Upon th

Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Definitely on the short list of things to do! I had my DS1 at 23, DD2 at 24, DD2 at 29, and DS2 at 31. Easypeasy. No effort for the last 3 at all. THEN I tied my tubes, got them reversed 8 years later...and got 8 years older too! Whole different ball gam
                                     *******SIGGY WARNING/Chlidren mentioned***********

ME: 41 ----- DH: 43
                                                       MARRIED: 5/3/14
                                                   DS,17   DD,16   DD,12   DS,10
                                                               TR: 4-2-12
                                             TTC our 1st love child! No luck so far! 

• Yes, I too, learned so much about myself and this wonderful TTC process from this book, Taking Charge of your Fertility, by Toni Weschler.  I can never remember how to spell her last name, but you can google it.  I have heard of some refer to

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • go to fertilityfriend.com and do the free tutorials or get a copy of "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"..... OPKs are good but a very small piece of the picture... BBT charting is excellent as well as learning the signs your body gives you!  Good luck
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Understanding your cm is also very helpful, when it starts becoming watery and/or egg white like, get to it! That often starts showing before yuor LH surge and temping tells you that you have O, and by then its too late, so use your cm, your opk a

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"