Single Parents
Options

what to do...

My daughter is almost 10 months old and I have been on my own since she was 4 months. Her dad has visitation with her once a week and pays support. My stress is about what I should do about work. I have been working part time since he left us and have been getting by. I was just offered a full time position with benefits where I would have to work weekends and holidays and my time with my baby would seriously decrease. But I already feel like I need to be with her as much as I can since she goes with her dad 1 day a week. My other option would be to turn down this job and search for a 9 to 5 Monday thru Friday with probably not as good pay.
Any advice?

Re: what to do...

• Options
    Would you be financially ok if you do not take the full time job? I like the idea that you will have health benefits and other other benefits that comes with being a full time employer. If you take the job who will watch your baby. Do you have family that
  • Options
    Why don't you have her Dad watch her if you go full time? That way he could have more time with her, and you wouldn't have to maybe pay for childcare?

Many, many, many parents work full time and still get quality time with their children. I'm

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I work 45-50 hrs a week and my daughter is 7 months old. I have been doing this since she was 3 months. It is kinda hard at first but it does get easier. Plus my relationship with my child isn't harmed by it in anyway. My child's father isn't in the pi

26 yr old single mama to Violet Jane, Worker Drone to the Man and perpetual student. Image and video hosting by TinyPic9/7/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 1 week old
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"