Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Introducing sippy cups

First time mom here with a question...

At what age did you first introduce a sippy cup?  Was it empty or full?  If full, what was in it?

IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: Introducing sippy cups

• Options

With DD we gave her one at 5 months and put water in it 1/2 full, eventually formula and got rid of the bottle by 1 year. When she was a little older about we would put water with a little juice in it but only for lunch.

Now with DS I have trie

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

• Options
    i introduced the sippy cup at six months full to the top with water. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It was in the 7-8 month range for us and we went through a variety of sippy cups to find one that our little guy would drink from (only water in it until after he turned 1).  Had we known about the Lollacup earlier, we would have transitioned

www.healthyhappytot.com - Healthy, non-toxic product recommendations for children from a mom who has really used them!
  • Options
    We used a straw cup starting at 6 months with breast milk first and now water...I was surprised she caught right on to using the straw...right now my little one is 9 months and I give her 2-3 oz water in her straw cup a day. 
  • Options
    We did around 7 months and gave her water. She is almost 11 months old now and drinks out of it with water several times a day. I fill it halfway - - she never drinks all of it at one sitting.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"