Special Needs

Morning hypoglycemia?

DS has a really hard time when he gets up every morning. He is inconsolable, can't/won't make choices about clothing/food/toys, and at times cries hysterically. Once I manage to get some milk and food in him, he goes back to being himself.

Does anyone else's child do this? DS has hypotonia and epilepsy (on keppra). The hypotonia means he uses a lot of calories to motor around. He sleeps about 11.5 hours a night.

Re: Morning hypoglycemia?

• Both of my kids are like this, although they do not have hypotonia, just high metabolisms.  They've been known to wake up vomiting due to low blood sugar if they refused dinner the night before.  On really bad days, we get up and immediately hea
  • I just read about the vomiting. Ugh, how awful for them. :(

We are pretty easy on DS and let him have other food after he tries dinner, and then he has milk before bed, too. But he sleeps sooo long that I am sure it is all long gone. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageFloraK8:

I just read about the vomiting. Ugh, how awful for them. :(

We are pretty easy on DS and let him have other foo

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"