February 2012 Moms
Options

Bathtime

I'm at my wits end.   My son hates the bath from the second I put him in the tub he's trying to get out.  It's gotten progressively worse.  I've tried to just bathe him quickly while he stands trying to get out.  

Yesterday was so bloodly tramatic.   I set up the tub got everything ready per usual.   I even gave him a fun new toy to play with.   Transfered him into the tub and all hell breaks loose.  I tried to lather him up as fast as I could.  But I noticed when I was pulling him out his hair stunk like wet dog.  So took him out of the bath tub.  Held him and then lathered him up.   Then I put him on his back and put him back in the tub.  Tub had maybe 2 inches of water so it was enough to get his hair semi rinsed off.  But he was so mad and crying his head off.  And his eyes, he kept looking at me like "Why are you doing this to me".   Worse cry than when he fell off the bed or during shots.   It was awful.  

I have tried getting in the tub with him, keeping him in his infant tub, putting toys, we did the kitchen sink last week.  Everything has failed.  I barely bathe him because it's awful.   I'm not sure what to do. 

I'm thinking maybe I just do it too late (an hour before bedtime).  So I'm going to try a mid-day bath. 

And to be clear this isn't a when I pour the water over his head kind of freakout.  It's when I place him in the tub.   He use to love bathtime, but if it keeps being so tramatic I don't think he ever will. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bathtime

• Options
    When DD is just a bit too tired - bath time sucks.  Maybe trying it at a different time of day is a good idea.  good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My daughter has been a fellow bath hater, I assure you. After many, many months we have finally gotten to the point that she is OK being in there UNLESS something bad happens while she's in there such as trying to drink the bath water using the rinsing cu
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm sorry you guys are having such a hard time with baths!  It sounds like you guys have tried a lot of things so I'm not sure if this will help, but when my DD isn't content staying in the tub I will sometimes leave the water running on low.  I
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are having a tough time.  Have you tried a shower with one of those shower hose things?  Since you said he only freaks out when you sit him in the water.  Also, what about just sitting next to the tub with him wrapped in a tow
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DS is like that if we don't bathe him at the same time as DD.  As she is 5, the days of bathing them together are limited, and I worry about this.  When we have to bathe him alone it seems to help if we give him a towel to sit on in the water.&n
  • Options
    Jackson was like this and what we ended up doing was going in the bath with him. In the morning when DH would take a shower, we'd 1st fill up the tub, DH and Jackson would go in, I'd wash Jackson, take him out and then DH would finish his usual shower. If
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

imageALane1128:
    Jackson was like this and what we ended up doing was going in the bath with him. In the morning when DH would take
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    That stinks. I remember Alex was like that, but only when he was really little. Anyways, I know you said you've tried distracting him with new toys, but have you tried really distracting toys, like ones that light up and make sounds? We have an octopus th
    someecards.com - Honey, can you pick up Pizza? I've been busy pinning nutritious recipes for our family all day.
  • Options

imagesmurfette83:
    I'm sorry you guys are having such a hard time with baths!  It sounds like you guys have tried a lot of thin
  • Options

Jchirico - We actually received that Octopus from our Secret Elfster for Christmas.  He loves it but gets really scared when the bubbles blow too close.  The noise it makes is kind of loud.  So i

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"