TTC after 35

Intro

I don't know if I belong here.. But I'm 38 and TTC thru IVF I'm starting my second round of IVF as of today I had my appt with RE today and meds have been ordered.. My first IVF at 36 was a success I have a 20 month old son.. I'm just really nervous this time around because I'm older and last IVF I didn't have any eggs that could be frozen and only 7 were retrieved.. Anyone else going thru IVF?

Re: Intro

• Welcome, let's hope your IVF works again. I just finished a cycle that failed, 36 years old too. I have a dd who is 26 months thru IUI. 

Best of luck 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to the group!  I started TTC at 40, multiple IVFs later-we have moved on to DE.  You will meet many ladies here, all pursuing different avenues to conceive.  GL with your IVF!!!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and Good Luck.

My Ovulation Chart Me-35, DH-39. TTC#1
  • I'm in a different situation to you, but just wanted to say welcome and good luck!
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• welcome!  Like pp said ladies on this board are in all stages and plans so you are certainly welcome here.  If you want more info/advice you might try the secondary infertility board as ladies on that board are going through IVF.  But you a
    ***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• I am starting IVF/ICSI #3 today with a stim start on Friday, this will be a microdose lupron flare protocol this time due to low AMH and my last IVF having nothing to transfer.  With that one I had 5 eggs retrieved only 3 mature and only

H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• Welcome to the group, I am 43 and starting my first IVF/ICSI stims on April 1st.  Congrats on your son.  I am sure, he is excited to think of being a big brother...

Best of luck on your IVF.....hope all goes well for you. 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Welcome to you! As another poster said, we are all on different avenues to pursue a H&H pregnancy! I am relatively new here, but the women are so receptive and welcoming!
                                     *******SIGGY WARNING/Chlidren mentioned***********

ME: 41 ----- DH: 43
                                                       MARRIED: 5/3/14
                                                   DS,17   DD,16   DD,12   DS,10
                                                               TR: 4-2-12
                                             TTC our 1st love child! No luck so far! 

• Welcome and best of luck!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Welcome and congrats on your baby! I will be doing DE IVF hopefully in the next few months.  GL :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Thanks everyone!! My injections will be here tomorrow and I start first week in April.. Really nervous because if it doesn't work we will have to wait awhile to save money before we try again.. My tubes are completely blocked from a previous tubal pregnan
  • I get my injections tomorrow, too.  and start the 1st of April for my first round of IVF.  I am nervous and understand, being an OOP patient, too....so, in the same boat that if, this doesn't work, then....who knows when we will get

• imageJacque Sills:
    I get my injections tomorrow, too.nbsp; and start the 1st of April for my first round of IVF.nbsp; I am nervous andnb
  • Jacque I start Lupron April 5..
  • Hi Cclinnard,  I will be starting Gonal f and luveris on the 1st, if my labs are a go....I will let you know, you, too....ok?  ;)   It would be nice to have someone to check in with.  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"