Maryland Babies

Would you feel comfortable...

traveling 4-5hrs away from home 2 weeks before due date?  There is a family event that we really should go to, I just wonder how safe it is.  I forgot about it, and haven't had a chance to ask the doc.  Maybe it will need to be a last minute judgement call.  Thanks for your input! :)
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Would you feel comfortable...

• Personally I wouldn't.  Both of my labors happened early (37ish weeks) and progressed very very quickly.  Had I been that far away at the time, I wouldn't have made it to our hospital.  Totally your call - you could end up going far beyond
    lovelylittleworld
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP#2 1/12/12 ~ Missed M/C 8w2d
  • I wouldn't but I have a history of PTL/pPROM. I would ask your OB AND call you insurance. Some will not cover an out-of-network hospital visit/birth after a certain point in your pregnancy.

And honestly I don't know how comfortable you'd

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't. For the exact same reasons PPs stated. 
     Mama to Baby K. born @25wks due to pProm/PTL. Forever in Our Hearts. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I would not and I didn't have anything unusual with my pregnancy. But I traveled 8 hours at around 35 weeks and it was not comfortable being in a car that long. We had to stop a lot for the bathroom and to limit the swelling in my feet. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That's cutting it a little too close for me. Definitely check with your OB because they may have some advice for you. I think mine has a cut off - no travel after X weeks or something.

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • No I definitely would not go. I was high risk, so my OB recommended that I stay close to home/the hospital just in case something happened starting at 28 weeks.

• If it were 1, maybe 2 hours away, I would be inclined to go, but not 4 or 5.  I was overdue with both of my babies and I still wouldn't go that far away so close to your due date.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I wouldn't either - I also went into labor early (37 weeks, 6 days) and my labor was very fast once it turned into active labor. If I was traveling, I would have had the baby there - and that wouldn't have worked out for our insurance (which is HMO,
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The thought of being 37-38 weeks pregnant and in a car for 4-5 hours makes me want to cry.  And its only worse that would be in the heat of summer.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No thanks.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image2have2hold:
    I wouldn't. For the exact same reasons PPs stated. 

This exactly.  I starting

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm pretty sure as soon as I hit about 36-37 weeks my OB told me not to travel over an hour away. I wouldn't have done it, but its up to you....
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"