Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

When to buy baby gear?

I feel like this PG is going by so fast. I will be 21 weeks on Tuesday. 

I had bad MS and really couldn't do much. I have now cleaned out the room that will be the nursery (which took me a couple weekends - I work FT). 

My mom offered to buy us a crib, which I will order next month.

DH and I are going to buy a dresser (to use as a changer) and book shelf. MIL also wants to buy us something, so I am thinking she might buy us a glider.

This is the first grandbaby on both sides. My mom's BFF has offered to throw me a shower and I know the grandmas will buy lots of clothes and other things. I do plan to register. Some of my friends have also offered us second hand things, which I think are mostly girls clothes. We don't know what we are having yet (u/s is next week).  

I am trying not to buy anything (everything is so cute) and just save money for maternity leave.

When should I start worrying about buying things? I don't want to end up with too much "stuff". I do plan on reading baby bargains. 

Mostly we have been concentrating on just getting the room ready. I really don't want to be running around last minute when I am uncomfortable, but I also don't want to buy things that people are going to give us anyway.  

Anniversary
When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017

Re: When to buy baby gear?

• Options
    Baby bargains is a good place to start, but I'd also look at Lucie's list more a good idea of what you really need & carseatblog.com for carseat recs.  I also looked at consumer reports when I was expecting DS1...so I had a lot of info.  I r
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Options
    If you haven't already, I would suggest looking at car seats and trying them out in your car so you know what fits. I would also try pushing the strollers around the store, folding them, etc. it's a lot easier to install car seats and fold strollers when
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebethanyreese:
    Baby bargains is a good place to start, but I'd also look at Lucie's list more a good idea of what you really ne
    BabyFetus Ticker; Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My advice would be to not stock up too many baby essentials like diapers and bath products.  You may find one particular band fits your baby much better than others or that your baby needs to use a certain kind of wash.  I got tons of J&J ba
  • Options

I agree with pps.  Stick to the minimum on disposable products - bath supplies and diapers. You will get diapers at the hospital and you won't know what size you need until baby comes.  We were in newborn diapers 6 weeks, but others never use

image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"