December 2010 Moms

always SO tired

Since Aiden has been born, I've been tired.  Which sounds silly because we are all tired, I'm sure!  The thing is though, that I think the last year or so has been the most exhausting, and it's this exhaustion that I can't shake.  He has been sleeping through the night since he was about 7 months old, and has been a consistent napper giving me 2-3 hours to myself.  He's also asleep by 8 most nights, so again, it really doesn't make sense for me to be THIS tired.

I feel like I could sleep forever, and I feel like if I had a week to do nothing, I really would sit on the couch for the entire week and barely move, and then probably still feel it was not enough.  

I am a teacher, and as fellow teachers know, this school year has been the most stressful, and tiring yet. By the time weekends roll around, I barely get anything accomplished because I have zero motivation.  My house is a disaster, and I spend most weekends at home in my pajamas with Aiden not wanting to go anywhere.

I was at a pedi appointment recently, and I mentioned this briefly to Aiden's nurse practitioner.  She actually said she thinks I should mention this to my doctor.   I definitely don't think this is a depression issue, even though it may sound like it.  I'm happy with my life at the moment, and am not depressed - just tired! 

Does anyone else feel like this?  I guess I will mention it to my doctor at my next visit, but am not sure what she is going to say.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: always SO tired

• Sorry you are feeling so tired. I definitely have times that I just want to veg or sleep for hours uninterrupted hours. Your pedi wants you to mention to your doc for a couple of blood test screening.... Being anemic or having thyroid problems can definit
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I am more tired now than when the boys were newborns and still got up to eat at night (which they STTN at 12wks).  I am going to have my iron tested when I go for my annual physical (in 3 weeks) but other than that I think that is just having todd

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I am going to call tomorrow and schedule a blood test.

I have a vitamin D deficiency, and wondering if that is contributing to it as well. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto here in terms of being tired all the time, but I attribute it to being the mom of a toddler, step mom to three, working full time and being sick a lot from the daycare drill. It's a good idea to see your doc though for all the reasons already menti

• I know the feeling. On spring break I slept for 4 days. I'd wake up to eat and go right back to the couch and it still wasn't enough. I know mine is first tri exhaustion which is WAY worse with this one.

I would definitely get a blood tes

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • I feel like that when I'm anemic.
    Hope you find something that can help!
  • When you get your blood work done, or speak with your Dr. ask if they will screen your Thyroid levels, TSH and T3 or T4 screened. (or something along those lines test name wise).

Both Hyper and Hypo Active thyroids can have similar symptoms what

imageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Talk to your doctor. I am anemic which can cause you to be very tired. I am also a teacher which can cause you to be very tired :) Just hang in there until Spring/Summer break! Maybe your doctor can prescribe a vitamin/supplement to help! Other wise,
    imageimage
  • I agree with pps. A blood test would be a great idea, especially if you aren't experiencing any signs of depression.

Also, make sure you are eating enough and spacing out foods to keep your blood sugar steady throughout the day. I was having trou

Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • When I don't eat healthy I get very tired and cranky.  As much as I may want a cookie after lunch, I know if I eat them I'll feel awful in an hour.  I definitely try to avoid carbs at lunch time, which makes me feel 100% better.  Might b

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"