Nurseries and Baby Gear

Bumbo Seat - Get one or skip it?

Anyone love or hate the Bumbo seat?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Bumbo Seat - Get one or skip it?

• Everyone I talked to hated it. They said their kid only used it for a month.

I got the Summer infant 3-stage booster seat and found that we used that a lot

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• imagemullenem:

Skip it unless you can borrow one or get one really cheap (Craigslist, garage sale, etc.).  We borrowed one

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCharlieMomma:
    imagemullenem
    Josh + Meagan 06.12.10/Baby J 11.8.12

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMeagan0528:
    imageCharlieMom
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had it as a hand-me-down.  DD started sitting on her own at 4m and after that didn't have much interest, but it did help when I needed to sit her somewhere and know she would be supported--she didn't really like being laid down.  If I didn't g
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ours was given to us and DS loved it. We used it all the time. When DS was born we lived in a small 1 bedroom apt so it was a great space saver. We used it instead of a highchair or bouncy chair. Also it was very portable so when I had a friend babysit th
  • skip!  By the time that LO is ready to sit in it they won't want too.  Some arch their backs and slip out of it and if you have a chunker their thunder thighs might not fit well and they won't be able to be buckled. 

I say just

• I have a day care center and we removed this from our infant classrooms because it is known to cause problems with the spine as well as the hips. If used for just a short time each day, it probably wouldn't be too much of an issue but as a school I fel

• Get one used. I have a Bebe Pod (similar to the bumbo) and I don't use it all the time but it does come in handy occasionally. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • do not buy 
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Skip it - LO had bad reflux so it was pointless for us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • a&s05a&s05 member
    We have the mamas papas brand "bumbo" type seat. It comes with a tray and the insert can be taken out to use as a booster for an older child. I haven't used with DD yet but registered for this one bc i used it when I nannied and it was pretty useful. I f
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got one & DS LOVED it.  That being said he only used it for a few months. 
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • Ours is a hand-me-down and we use it all the time. Love it!
  • imageFabulousMrs.P:
    Everyone I talked to hated it. They said their kid only used it for a month.I got the Summer infant 3stage booster s
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Never had one and never missed it. If I were offered one for free I'd take it but it doesn't seem all that useful to me.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Get one used.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Wasn't a necessity for us, I think DS sat in it maybe 4 times total. I loved the bumbo like seat that has straps by Prince Lionheart...he still uses it at the dining room table at 2 years old.
  • It's cute but we didn't use it for very long. I'd say skip it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"