Adoption

Choosing an agency

Hi everyone!

I am just curious how many agencies you contacted before choosing THE ONE, I think I found ours but I have a few yet that I haven't contacted but I'm not sure I want to bother. I found one that sounds absolutely perfect for us and set up a 1 on 1 meeting with them on Friday! I know its just a small step but I am so excited!

Re: Choosing an agency

• Congrats on the first step! 

We met with 2 before we made our decision. We also looked at out of state agency's websites, but ultimately went with ours because it "felt right". 

Good luck!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
    We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IMO, if you think you've found The One, go for it!

• Loading the player...
  • I looked at quite a few online, but I only contacted one. They were by far the best fit for me and my husband.
    Trying to grow our family with both fertility treatments and adoption since March 2009 
    IUIs#1-4 = BFN, IVF#1 = c/p, IVF#2 = OHSS, FET#1=BFP
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We visited 2 and liked them, but didn't absolutely love them.  After orientation at the 3rd, we knew we had found our agency and we cancelled the meeting we had scheduled with the 4th.
  • If it really feels right, then it probably is.  However, for us, when we met with the first agency, I thought for sure we'd work with them.  I was pretty naive though and after researching more, we realized the agency route wasn't for us and I'm
    Married Since 09/2006, TTC Since 09/2010 
    DX: Unexplained infertility, DH normal 
    3 Femara cycles - Oct, Nov, Dec 2011, all BFNs 
    IVF #1, ER 2/15 (5R, 4M, 4F), ET 2/18, Beta 2/29 = BFN :( 
    Follistim + IUI on 6/25 = BFN 
    Home Study Finalized 8/14/12! Profile Active - 8/17/12! 
    Officially Matched 8/29/12, Our perfect angel born 9/25/12! 
    Biggest surprise ever, unexpected BFP on 4/12/13! 

Our Angel through Adoption
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Our Little Miracle
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I requested information from about 8, I believe. Out of those, I narrowed it down to two, and called both of those. After my conversation with each of the two, I chose the one.

I agree with PP, go with your gut. I had a strong feeling about the o

I became a mother because of adoption. She is the absolute love of my life. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker formerly known as sw_in_kc
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"