Attachment Parenting
Options

Weaning....

Hi All,

I have a toddler who is almost 2 and I'm expecting a baby in 3 months. My toddler is down to nursing at bedtime and first thing in the morning and then sometimes on the weekends at naptime.

I would really like to cut the morning session because I think he wakes up specifically for it and sometimes it goes on forever. I just don't want to be dealing with that plus a newborn. I know people do tandem nurse but I really don't think it's for me.

Dropping the other feeds was not a problem but he is very attached to these last two.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weaning....

• Options
    No experience here, but I have an idea.

Could you start to limit the amount of time DS nurses at these sessions? You could start by offering to nurse for 5 minutes, and let him know when it is time to stop. Tell him you'll nurse again later.
    imageimage
  • Options

I dropped the morning first. I would drop one at a time if I were you. DD would always ask for milk first thing so instead of nursing her I got her "big girl" milk in her sippy. After a couple weeks of this and she was finally STTN consistently I dropp

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would drop one at a time as well. Try distracting in the morning... I did it by offering lots of other things, one at a time, until I found something he wanted more than nursing. (Which was a cookie :/) So I bought a box of small, healthyish cookies tha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"