One & Done: Only child
Options

Playroom planning

So we are in the beginning planning stages for our playroom. My husband is a project management fanatic so I am forced to put together this elaborate plan, which I know has it's benefits but I tend to think is unnecessary. Of course, it will keep me in check budget wise because I love to buy cute things! LOL

My question for y'all is this: based on your experiences, what would you include in a dream playroom for your 6 month to 2 year old? Beyond that? I'd like to create a space that would potentially grow with her, but my husband usually has to change job locations every several years so the next 18 months are my main focus. I love pintrest but most of the ideas seem "older".

Also, any special toys/things I should think about?

Thanks!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Playroom planning

• Options

This is a tiny detail, but for storage bins, if you can get/buy/make bins that you can put pictures (of the contents) on, it will help you help your daughter learn to find and pick-up her own toys.

I would  include a kitchen play area and so

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A little table and chair set is essential to our playroom! Whether it's for coloring or a tea party, it gets used constantly.

An easel is also a must. We have one with a chalk side, a dry erase side, and a roll of paper that can be draped

C is 3 years old

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    image2013mommy:
    imageSmudges*Mom
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    One thing I just did in B's playroom that she really seems to like is purchased a circus tent at Ikea and put a soft mat in there, pillows, stuffies and some books. It's like a little nook where she can go in and lounge and look at her books.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Also I would do a Google search for Montessori playroom. Lots of good ideas!!
  • Options

These are awesome ideas! I never thought to google daycare/preschool/Montessori setups but that is brilliant. I also really like the idea of a reading nook. I had found a pin of 3 bookcases with a bench but that seems too grown up for now.

I want

• Options

We have this shelf:

Circo? 9-Cube Organizer - White Quick Information

The

A+S | Met 8/24/06 | Married 9/27/08
    Started TTC 12/2008 | dx PCOS 5/2009
    6 failed clomid/femara/TI cycles, 1 failed clomid/ovidrel/IUI cycle
    Successful Cycle: 5/12/11 - 1000mg Metformin + 100mg Clomid(late response) + TI = BFP

2/13/12 - We proudly welcomed our daughter, Hadley Teresa!
    Lots of Luck to all of 3T/IF

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

• Options

imageapansey87:
    I want to get her a play kitchen for her first birthday. I'll be getting a kiddie pool with plastic balls now. Is o
  • Options
    I'm on mobile, so I did not see that your child is one. I agree an easel is probably not needed now. My kid did not show much interest in coloring or painting until she was almost 2.

The reading nook idea a PP suggested is a must, though!

C is 3 years old

• Options
    imagemissymo:
    I'm on mobile, so I did not see that your child is one. I agree an easel is probably not needed now. My kid did not show
  • Options

imageapansey87:
    imagemissymo:

C is 3 years old

• Options

I just finished my DS's playroom.  It's bedroom size so not really big and has an angular wall.  I bought an 8 cubbie shelving unit from Ikea and then put fabric bins in it. I laid it sideways so that they are only stacked 2 high.  I put

Our Journey to Brenden

IVF #1: 4/11(Follistim/Menopur/Ganirelix) 10 retrieved/8 mature and all 8 fertilized / 2 embies transferred ... nothing to freeze Beta 5/10 = BFN

IVF Take 2 Long Lupron July 2011

ER 7/3/11 (our 6th anniversary) - 8 retrieved/7 mature/fert ....ET 7/6/11 - 2 beautiful grade A 8 cell embryos

Beta 7/18/11 - 149!!! Beta 7/21/11 - 311 Beta 7/28/11 - 2,000 8/5/11 - Empty Sac 8/8/11 - There's a yolk sac and maybe a heartbeat 8/12/11 - Fetal pole, yolk sac, heartbeat 8/18/11 - Baby looks GREAT!
    3 babies waiting on ice

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options

This is what we have in my daughter's playroom:

-chalkboard/dry erase easel (we have the Step2 Easel for Two)

-play kitchen with food and cart

-toddler chair and reading nook, baskets for her books next to her cha

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BFP #1 - 5/15/10, EDD 2/11/11, missed m/c no heartbeat at u/s, D&C 7/14/10 BFP #2 - 3/14/11, EDD 11/25/11, natural m/c at 5 wks BFP #3 - 4/27/11, DD born 12/14/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"