Blended Families
Options

Ammending C/O

Hi guys.  We FINALLY have our court date set for the beginning of April, DH and I are working up a list of what we want changed in his current very-vague-mother-favoring court order.  We are getting specific with holidays (down to places and times) addressing driving, extra curricular activities and general visitation. I just feel like I am forgetting something huge, does anyone have any other suggestions on things that should be addressed?(and I know this is asked a lot, I feel awful even asking again, but I went back a few pages and couldn't find any similar posts)

Thanks!!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Ammending C/O

• Options
    Are the kids in school yet? I wishe we would have set up the CO so it covered school holidays and vacation time. Right now neither of us can set up a vacationvwithou taking some of the other persons time away, so we have to rely on eachother being flexibl
  • Options
    Just be careful about places and exact times. If you even move 20 mins away to be in a better school district or whatever it's going to be a pain in the arse driving 30 some miles in terrible snow at Christmas to always get to the same spot.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Definitely add something about who decides on what school, school holidays, what if kiddo is sick, specifics on phone calls, where each party can live, notification about changing info like addresses or phone numbers, etc.

Our CO says something l

• Options

imagewendilea:
    I agree - think long term.  School holidays, sick days, vacations (leaving the state? leaving the country?) pho

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

• Options

I like time limits in COs. In my CO, I have 7 days to notify XH of a medical expense and XH has 90 days to reimburse me. 

If I were going to amend my CO, I would build in more time limits--ie, parents have 30 days to pay for extracurricular

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

My children aren't allowed to call anyone else "mother," or "father." Have you worked out who will claim the children on taxes?  My XH is also required to carry life insurance policy w/the children as beneficiaries.

Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"