June 2012 Moms

Oh, DH (car seat related vent)...

We have been using a Britax Marathon in my car since DS was born. This seat can be tethered rear-facing, so that's how it's installed. Last week I picked up a spare car seat for DH's Explorer, just a basic Evenflo Tribute convertible. I was having a hard time getting it installed with the seat belt (the Explorer doesn't have LATCH) so I told DH that he should try installing it to get it tighter, otherwise I would just take the seat to the monthly installation check at the fire station.

I came home from work Friday night and he said he'd tightened the seat and taken DS for a ride. Okay, great! Then I went out and checked the seat yesterday afternoon. DH had threaded the LATCH connectors through the forward facing belt path and used them to tether the seat to the frame of the vehicle seat.

I reinstalled it and finally got it tight enough. But really? You pulled out the instruction manual and didn't read it or the labels on the belt paths? And he's not a newbie parent - he has a 13 year old son! I admit I'm probably overreacting a bit...but arrrggh.

Re: Oh, DH (car seat related vent)...

• Lol men dont ask for directions or read them! I think carseats have probably changed since 13 years ago too. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I could have slapped DH when I felt how loose the carseat base was when we have an easily adjusted lap belt. Effing really? He told me he didnt know how to do it. I got on him pretty good and dont feel bad about it :P&nbsp

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"