Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Waking hungry? How to get him enough?

This is a little similar to the post directly below, but not quite, so I'm posting anyway.

My son has been STTN since he was 4 months old, nurses right before bed, and has always been a good solids eater. The past few weeks, he's grown much less interested in his oatmeal & puree mix (he ate 4 Tbsp 3 times a day for months).  I'm fine with that since I know he's old enough, but he doesn't make up for it in what he'll eat in table food, no matter how much I put on his plate.  He loves fruits & veggies and some meat...but doesn't want enough to keep him full.

As a result, he wakes up hungry once in the middle of the night. I've been giving him formula at 3am. 

He nurses to sleep at 7pm, but we've  tried adding a bottle of formula before nursing since I don't think he gets enough nursing anymore. He refuses to take it.

Any suggestion on how to help him get enough so he STTN again? Any table foods that are particularly filling? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Waking hungry? How to get him enough?

• Add more good fat to the foods you give him. Foods high in fat keep you full longer. Not junk... Avocados, nut butters, olive oil, cheeses, etc. Cook veggies with butter and cook meat in olive oil or coconut oil. Melted coconut oil is good in fruit p
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It sounds like a growth spurt to me, they need to eat more frequently.  I agree with PP's suggestion of adding healthy fats to his diet during the day and seeing if that makes a difference.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"