LGBT Parenting

Where are the long-timers?

Hi all,

I'm lovin' all the new names and activity on the board these days! Very exciting to see us grow...but in the process, a lot of folks have seemed to disappear in the past few months!

So, those of you that have been around for more than a year--where are ya? Was there a mass exodus I missed somehow? 

I miss hearing the updates from those I got to know during our own TTC journey!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Where are the long-timers?

• Most of them moved to a different board last year when the forum changes that happened on (and killed) The Nest were scheduled for The Bump. The changes never happened, but they decided they didn't want to talk about TTC all the time and stayed on the

TTC since February 2013

LGBT Regular with an AE while TTC

And who am I? That's a secret I'll never tell.
    You know you love me.
    xoxo

• So true, I remember so many parents from when I joined and they are no longer here. There were only a small few of us TTC, and I felt bad whenever I threw in a question about TTC among the napping techniques and child nutrition posts. Now the TTC vibe see
    M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Loading the player...
  • I lurk from time to time still. But honestly, my TTC days such are distant memory (we started TTC in 2004 and got pregnant in 2005) that I can't recall my dose of Clomid or how many hours post trigger we inseminated! :)  Even stuff like naps/bottl

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm in and out. I check both boards and post and my time and interest allows!
    Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ah, the dreaded long early/prodromal labor. Have her do this: https://www.milescircuit.com/

Feel free to page/PM me if you want more specifics for dealing with slower early labor.

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJoySeattle:
    I'm in and out. I check both boards and post and my time and interest allows!

<

• imageLolaBelle515:

imageJoySe
    TTC since February 2013

LGBT Regular with an AE while TTC

And who am I? That's a secret I'll never tell.
    You know you love me.
    xoxo

• I'm here.  I considered not coming back because it didn't feel like the "same board," but I'm glad I did.
    Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

• I'm here kinda sorta. Ball.and.chain made me. lol
  • I'm here. I only really post though here when I feel I can add something as our ttc journey is still so fresh in my mind.

Plus the boys keep me busy busy.
    M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I pop by every now and then, but don't post much. Partly because I usually don't really have anything to contribute, and partly because for some reason I get logged out every time I leave the page, and it's a pain to log back in just to post a brief
    married 03/08/08 -- ttc with PCOS (dx 2005) & DS
    IUI #3 gave us the best 2nd anniv. gift ever: 2 babies! (born 03/09/10)
    Peanut and Little Man are getting so big! 2 years old already!
    finally blogging again at This Will Be: An Adventure
  • It's good to see familiar faces - the pics of the little one's are ADORABLE!!!  Glad everyone is doing well.

I'm trying to get back here more. I never joined the new board - I'll have to see if I can find it again...

• I lurk mainly just to keep up with my moderator duties - lol!  I just don't have a ton of time to post and my posting on 'the other' board has slowed too.  I hardly remember TTC even though we just did the second round only 6 months ago.  <
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did sort of fall off the face of the earth...my schedule since the fall has been, shall we say, full? Between being promoted into a new position with a lot more responsibilities and the four foster kids we've had up until recently, I haven't even had a
    IUI #1 (50 mg clomid and ovidrel) - BFN
    IUI #2 (100 mg clomid and HCG trigger) - BFN
    IUI #3 (Gonal-f and HCG trigger) - BFN
    IVF #1 - 21 retrieved, 20 mature, 15 fertilized (ICSI), 2 d5 blasts transferred, 8 frozen - c/p
    FET #1 - BFFN
    FET #2 - BFN? c/p? Either way no baby
    FET #3 - No shock...BFN
    FET #4 - BFN :-(
    Surgery and TTC cancelled - pursuing surrogacy
    7/31/12 Surrogate got a +HPT!!!! BabyFruit Ticker
  • We mostly post on the multiples board, and on occasion over here. Just kinda dropped off when there were some issues, and it's easier to "keep up" on FB. Don't follow what goes on with the other board. Glad to see so many new faces, thoughkeep this boa
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's so nice seeing posts from members that were active when I first joined! I've missed a lot of you and have been wondering where you've been and what you've been up to.

I'm still here, even though I mostly lurk. I've been trying to be mor
    *BFP #1-10/20/2012 EDD 7/4/2013*
    *DS 6/28/2013*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"