December 2010 Moms

Updated - Asthma cough? Something else?

Does anyone has experience with asthma in their LOs?  C started with a very odd cough yesterday morning.  It vaguely sounds like a croup cough, but not really?  It's quite dry-sounding and a bit high-pitched, clappy-sounding if that makes any sense.  Again, he's had croup before, and it's not quite the same.  No cold, no fever, seems to feel fine otherwise, no wheezing or trouble breathing that I can tell.  He's headed to the pedi this afternoon, but just curious if any one has had anything similar.  We did start him on Zyrtec about five days ago for pollen allergies but that's usually sneezing and itchy/watery eyes.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Updated - Asthma cough? Something else?

• My only guess is maybe it's the RSV? That sounds like the cough DS had. He gave it to DD & it caused her to get bronchiolitis, which came with the wheezing. But in older kids, lol, like our 2 yr olds, they don't get the wheezing when they get RSV.<

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagebosha711:

My only guess is maybe it's the RSV? That sounds like the cough DS had. He gave it to DD & it caused her to get

• Loading the player...
  • No idea, but I hope he gets some relief soon. Coughs are no fun!
    Photo & Video Sharing by SmugMugPhoto & Video Sharing by SmugMug

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageGrayGhost13:
    No idea, but I hope he gets some relief soon. Coughs are no fun!

Thanks, me too!&nbs

• Nate has asthma.  His started with rapid breathing/chest caving when breathing.  I don't remember the number, but his respirations were nuts!  He ended up on a breathing treatment for a week.  Ever since then, we've been able to cat

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagepitterpatter129:

Nate has asthma.  His started with rapid breathing/chest caving when breathing.  I don't remember t

• Yeah, they didn't test. The pedi just said, well, sounds asthmatic. See if it happens again. :). They call it reactive airway until they are 3 (?), maybe 4.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagepitterpatter129:
    Yeah, they didn't test. The pedi just said, well, sounds asthmatic. See if it happens again. :). They call it
  • Thank you all for your concern!  Pedi said it was probably just his allergies and the Zyrtec hasn't kicked in yet (like Bosha mentioned) or it's not enough.  So, we're upping the dosage.  C already has eczema and food allergies so I was rea
  • Glad to hear that for now, at least, he's asthma free!
  • I'm glad they ruled out asthma! GL w/ the Zyrtec!

• Thanks ladies!
  • Late to the post but so glad C doesn't have asthma! Is the zyrtec working now? Hope he's feeling better Smile

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"