New Hampshire Babies

12 Week Appointment

My husband and I have your second appointment with Concord OB tomorrow to hear the baby's heartbeat. Being a FTM I am wondering if this means we are having an u/s? Can anyone tell me what their second appointment was like at Concord OB? I am afraid to call and ask at the risk of sounding like an idiot, but I am dying to know, I have my heart set on seeing the peanut, so if we are not having the u/s I need to brace myself now.:/

Re: 12 Week Appointment

• If you were having and u/s they wouldve told you.

At 12 weeks you should already be scheduled for the NT u/s if you opted to get one. 

Also, OB's dont schedule appointments to 'hear the heartbeat'. 

They do Prenatal Check U

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • p.s.

If you want to see your lo.... you can always contact an elective facility. Insurance will not cover it, but you will get what you want. 

Proud Mommy to: Boy-1995/Boy-1998/Girl-2003/Boy-2004/Girl-2011/ Fraternal twin girls-2013  

• Loading the player...
  • When we scheduled our second appointment they told us that I would have a prenatal physical, including hearing the heart beat. They scheduled me on week 12 so there would be a heartbeat, they told me that being a FTM I would panic if we did n

• They do the urine at every appointment.

Your NT scan shouldve already been scheduled. There is a window between 11-13 weeks where the results are most accurate and they will not do one outside of that window because it is no longer accurate.&nbs

• Thank you for the information! Being a FTM is very confusing, and I feel like the OB's office is not helping matters.

I am very frustrated DH and I were told that we cannot schedule the NT until after the second appointment an

• Just wanted to say good luck at your appointment!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"