Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

XP: One warm red cheek?

I posted this on 6-9 also, but considering DS will be 9 months in two days I thought I'd see if any of you have had experience with this too!

DS has had a cold for about a week now.  He still has a runny/stuffy nose, occasional sneeze, and occasional cough.  No fever.  I noticed after he woke up from his afternoon nap that his left cheek looked red, but I figured he must have been laying on that side.  However even getting ready for bed, his cheek was still red--redder, actually, and warm to the touch.  His right cheek looks and feels completely normal.

I'm wondering if this is related to his cold?  Teething???  (We have no sign of teeth yet and he's almost 9 months old.)  I googled and came across Fifths Disease, but he doesn't have a rash on his body anywhere...So I don't know what to think.

Anyone had this happen before?
Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: One warm red cheek?

• Options
    Our LO get a red cheek on the side he's teething. It looks wind chapped. Hope he feels better!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We've seen this happen at least three times and all resulted in cutting teeth. Like pp, it looks wind chaffed. If there's no fever and no other rashes, I wouldn't worry, but call pedi if it makes you feel better. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thank you very much ladies.  I know it sounds odd, but I'd love it if he got a tooth!  We've been saying he's been teething since he was 3 months old.  We joke that one day we are going to wake up and he'll have a full mouth of teeth.&nb

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
    DX: High FSH/DOR
    It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
    1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
    ?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"