LGBT Parenting
Options

New here :)

Hi!

My name is Crystal, my partner and I are wanting to do reciprocal IVF, so I'll be carrying her egg(s). Both processes are fairly foreign to me (I have 2 children without assistance) and are completely foreign to her as she has never had children and we have no idea where to start.

I figured that because this entire process is basically going to be assisted, this might be a good place to ask questions and get an idea of what we should be preparing ourselves for.

Thanks in advance :)

Re: New here :)

• Options

If you haven't already, find a fertility clinic in your area with good IVF success rates (you can search them at https://www.sart.org/find_frm.html).  Meet with one of the REs and they can walk throug

Married my wife 8/2007 ~ TTC #1 since 7/2011
    9 IUIs = 9 BFNs
    IVF October 2012: 22 eggs retrieved, 17 fertilized, 5 frozen
    ET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Blighted ovum discovered at 7w5d; D&E
    FET #1: 1 blast = BFP; Missed m/c discovered at 9w5d; D&E
    Karyotyping: normal ~ RPL Testing: normal ~ Hysteroscopy: normal
    FET #2: 1 blast transferred 10/25; BFP 10/31!
    EDD 7/13/14 ~ Induced at 37w4d due to pre-eclampsia ~ Born on 6/28/14
    *Everyone welcome*

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks! We did check to see what my insurance covers, that was ZERO, I'll be calling her insurance company this week to see if they call anything. Because we're transfering her eggs and I'm carrying, it's considered an elective procedure so most likely we
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi Crystal,

Welcome! I have just completed the process you are asking about, partner IVF to transfer my wife's embryos to me. It was a very involved and overwhelming process, but well worth it! :-) I was going to tell you to read the FAQ on this

M&K met 8/2002 married 6/2012
    TTC with RE since March 2012
    3 missed O's, 6 IUIs = 1 BFP then 8 w M/C, 5 BFNs
    (2 unmedicated IUIs, 2 clomid IUI, 2 femara IUI)
    Shared maternity/partner IVF, transfer #1 BFP!
    EDD 11/28/13
  • Options
    It looks like you've already got a lot of great advice in this post. I just wanted to add my voice in welcoming you.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Thanks to all of you for the welcome and the advice, we're really sort of lost, so your input is greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    P.S. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of that dang ticker? I tried to do it in my settings but it didn't work. My son is 3 years old, I don't need a pregnancy tracker right now lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"