Special Needs
Options

Dropping OT due to Insurance.

DS has sensory issues relating to tactile as well as a speech delay enunciating words, however there isn't a underlying reason why the delay is present, it just is.  

Now, for the past 8mo we have been meeting with his OT & ST 1x per week for 30min.   Recently my employeer changed insurances, and this new insurance company does not cover ST nor OT for DS.  Our old insurance did cover OT though.

Currently we have DS in a gymnastics class 2x a week which helps him the same way OT does (balancing, social skills, etc). He is also in a preschool which is aware of his sensory issues & has the children work with sensory based activities!  He is making great strides in both, my heart his full hearing all of the excellent reviews from his teachers, and he even has a little fan club from his girl classmates - its adorable.

So, I'm not too concerned about him missing OT, but I'm a little saddened by this though.  We will continue him in Speech.  Now if we need to readdress this though come kindergarten we will, but in the meantime I think we've been on this OT journey as long as we could possibly be. 

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Dropping OT due to Insurance.

• Options

Frankly by the time we would even get evaluated, DS will already be ready to enter kindergarten.  

Its kind of pointless at his age to go down that path - in our area it takes a solid 6-8mo to just get an evaluation.  The syst

photo notebook.jpg 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

i'm with auntie--i would request a school dept eval sooner than later even if it does take some time.

my son has an articulation delay as well as sensory issues. in the last three months, he's made more progress in group therapy than he did in t

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just went through FDLRS to have my 5 year old evaluated for articulation issues and the whole process (phone call -> screening -> eval -> results mtg -> starting ST) took less than 1 month. It totally depends on what their case load looks li
    DS1 9/7/05 DS2 10/20/07 DS3 1/20/09 DD 11/9/14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"