TTC after 35
Options

Anyone been in the same boat? (apologize for the spacing--my iPad isn't cooperating)

I guess this post is half-vent/half-anyone-been-in-this-boat-before? I'm 36 and have a 2 1/2 yearold daughter. She is the light of my life but is a handful. She is into absolutely everything,she's a climber, she refuses to sit in a stroller, can't bring her to stores because she climbsout of the cart and runs around, etc. She's 2, so I take this all with a grain of salt (sometimesaround the rim of a margarita glass ;)), but I can't imagine keeping up with her while trying to takecare of a baby. Ideally, I would wait until she's situated in school to have a second, but since I'm already older, I don't feel like I have the luxury of time and that I need to decide sooner ratherthan later. I got a surprise BFP a few months back, but that ended in a m/c. Some days I feellike I need to start focusing on TTC (especially because of the mc) and other days I feel like it would be too much to handle dd and a newborn and we should just enjoy our dd and be a happy family of 3.Anyone been here before? I just feel so torn...

Re: Anyone been in the same boat? (apologize for the spacing--my iPad isn't cooperating)

• Options

Hello, 

I have a 2 year old too, as and have been ttc since she was 6 month old. For me it is taking some time, but I feel like I can handle it. My dd is a handful too, but I know I will adjust. I am not getting any younger so I know I need

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have any children, but your lo will be 9 months older from whenever you get bfp, so she will be closer to 3 if you get bfp now, so it might be more doable ....but good luck with your decision!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    jb2rnjb2rn member
    Me! Ds is 15 mos, i have fertility issues, so if we want another it needs to be now, but we are so not ready. He just started STTN two mos ago!! So i cant imagine doing it all over so soon. I dont think i can even get preg again, but i just wanted
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    Yes!! I can relate very well.  I have a DS, who is 29 months and VERY active.  Both my DH and I are almost 41 so we know time is not on our side.  We would love another but with our ages, I too wonder if we should be a happy family of 3. &n
  • Options
    Absolutely! We also have a very active 26 month old dd & we're both 39 years old so we don't have the luxury of waiting. Somedays I definitely have second thoughts but I always try to remember the big picture. The early months/years will be tough but
  • Options
    Absolutely.  I am going to be 39 at the end of this year and have an 8 month old.  We had to go the RE route with him so it wasn't easy.  If time was on my side, I would wait until I don't already feel like a zombie.  But it isn't, and
    TTC since 2009 started going to RE 5/2011:
    Polyp removed/hypothyriod 6/2011
    7/2011 IUI#1 w/ 150 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    8/2011 IUI#2 w/225 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger BFN
    10/2011 IUI#3 w/300 Follistim/Ovidrel trigger (BFP)
    beta #1: 195 beta#2: 502
    7/2013 Back to RE because my uterus is OLD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"