Health & Exercise
Options

hip pain and running

I'm training for a half marathon coming up in April and I've noticed around mile 8 my hips feel like they are falling apart! I'm assuming its my joints and ligaments loosening but it really hurts. Anyone else a long distance runner and experienced this before and have advice?  I definitely try to listen to my body and I had to walk around mile 9 for about 3 mins to finish a 10 mile run. Any suggestions are appreciated !
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: hip pain and running

• Options

For me it started at 10 weeks :( it hasn't gotten better unfortunately. I tried a few hip support belts etc but nothing has worked. I had grand plans of running through the pregnancy but to no avail...I've kept up with other workouts (Insanity, Brazil

• Options
    I had hip/SI joint pain around 20 weeks and started wearing a maternity support belt which helped immensely! I ran the rest of the pregnancy using that.
    Children are a heritage from the LORD, offspring a reward from Him. Psalm 127:3 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28 BabyFruit Ticker Visit The Nest! imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"