Military Families

PTSD and Babies

Does anyone deal with a Veteran Husband who has PTSD and you want another baby?

Re: PTSD and Babies

• i feel like in order to be helpful here we need a little more info. are you scared/ nervous to have another baby with your husband??
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKtbug613:
    i feel like in order to be helpful here we need a little more info. are you scared/ nervous to have another baby wit
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My Husband is amazing with our three kids but at times the noise triggers things for him and he just cannot handle it. It doesn't happen often but I am worried that if we have another one that he wont be able to handle how much extra help I am going to ne
  • Is he receiving care/treatment for his PTSD?  If he is, I would discuss this with his therapist/doctor before proceeding.  If he's not receiving care, then no, I would not--I would wait until the concern had been addressed professionals quali

• Unless violence is a concern I dont think there is any right or wrong answer here. I think its important to ask yourself (and husband) a few things. Would a fourth child be too much, would it put your husband over the edge and possibly make his PTSD wo

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • No violence has NEVER been a concern or fear. Paul has been in treatment with a therapist and support groups for two years now and is doing great! He still has his moments of not handling high stress or crowds but for the most part he can feel the anxiety
  • You clearly have some doubt about his ability to cope with another and to be supportive in the way you need him. Until that doubt is resolved, another baby should not even be a consideration. I'm not in your shoes, but I wouldn't even consider having more
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would go with him to a session and talk to the counselor and your husband about your concerns.  Do you ever attend sessions with him?  If not, this is something that you really should do here and there on a regular basis.  You may see

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"