Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

car seat?

So my daughter just turned 1 on Monday:D And I don't know if I can forward face her on her car seat now or keep her the rear facing still she weighs 22 pounds and her height is 29 inches.

Re: car seat?

• Options
    alakealake member
    You should rear face to the limits of your seat.  My five and a half year old just turned forward facing.  It is like 400-500 times safer.  In a accident there can be serious damage to their spine.  I would minimum flip her at two.
  • Options
    What kind of carseat are you using?  It sounds like it's still an infant seat given the 22 pounds comment.  Look into a convertible seat that goes rear and forward facing and keep her rear facing until she hits the limits or turns 2.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should rear face as long as possible. Invest in a good convertible seat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You absolutely need to keep her RF. It is over 500% safer. The AAP recommends a minimum of 2 years old to FF.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options

It does sound like you are still using an infant carrier. You can keep her in the carrier until she weighs 22lbs OR hits 29" OR has less than 1" of space above her head. If she has hit any of these, she has already outgrown the seat. The infant seat ON

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"