Travel with toddler? US Virgin Islands — The Bump
Baltimore Babies

Travel with toddler? US Virgin Islands

Hello! We have the opportunity to attend a destination wedding for one of our friends in the US Virgin Islands. DD is 20 months old and has never been away from both of us for even one night, due to relatives not being close by. The resort where the wedding is at is kid-friendly, but she's too young by a year to participate in many of the organized activities. She will be about 23 months when the wedding takes place. The bride is encouraging us to come and bring DD, but we are debating what to do. Any advice on traveling with a toddler?
Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Travel with toddler? US Virgin Islands

• We actually travelled to St. John last year with our four children who were 5 and under. Travel is possible but you need to be realistic on what you're able to do. We rented a house which gave us more room then a resort but with one child that shouldn't b
  • I would do it.  Just plan on doing about half the things you want to do, toddlers don't take to overpacked vacations too well.
    [IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/3447dyp.jpg[/IMG]

Miss Tuna: Born 03/23/2009

The Goose: Born 11/30/2011

*********m/c: 5/9/08********
  • Thank you! I appreciate your advice! We are still talking about it, but need to make a decision soon. I'd rather bring her if we go, too!
    Visit The Nest! image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Definitely go and take her! We went to the islands with our 18 month old this winter and hope to go to St John next winter. She loved it and we all had a wonderful time.
  • Took our, at the time 2 yr old to Hawaii last year and she did amazing!! Loved every minute of it and still talks about it to this day. With friends around hopefully that will take some stress off you because everyone will love to have them around. Totall
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards