VBAC
Options

Mid-Wife or stay with OB?

I am currently 31 weeks and 5 days, and just recently found a mid wife in my town that does vbacs and i couldnt be more ecstatic. my husband is very eery of a midwife cause he thinks they take his place. Is that what they do? and also is it worth switching from my ob, who seems ok with my decision for a vbac but definitely thinks ill end up with a c-section (not that hes said that), to a midwife. setting up a consultation tomorrow and ill know more about her when i get that taken care of, just wondering about those two things-switching so late from ob to mid wife and if they take over the husbands job. 

Re: Mid-Wife or stay with OB?

• Options
    No, they definitely do not take your husbands place - unless he was planning to deliver the baby.  You may want to have your husband do a little research, then maybe take him to the appointment.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Nope, he should definitely go with to meet her and see what she has to say. No provider can take the olace of a spouse or partner. His job is to be primarily your emotional support, and the provider is for the actual logistics of birth, you know? And espe
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How did the consultation go? Did your DH attend too? I agree with others, she does not take his place at all. Some home birth midwives would provide a lot of labor support, and some hospital midwives would, but most hospital midwives are in and out and no
  • Options
    I was sadly given the wrong information about this particular midwife, by someone in their own office, so they were crossed out. So i did more digging for midwifes in my area since i had the time to call, and there is no one my area that does vbac. So tod
  • Options

Edited: didn't see your update the first time. 

Sorry the midwife didn't turn out to be an option. It's nice your husband is so engaged and wants to be there for you the whole time. Personally, we found that with the marathon length labor, m

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    no worries. I'm hoping my mom will be able to handle me being in pain, cause i would really love to have her with me the whole way through, but putting myself in her position, i dont think id want to see my DD in too much pain either. im sure shell be abl
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"