LGBT Parenting

7 months and getting discouraged

Hi there everyone, I am new on here and hoping to find the encouragement and support I need to stay on this heart wrenching journey!

Me and my wife are newlyweds, and we have been trying with a donor every month since we got married with no luck!

Im sure when I say on here that when I get my period, or a BFN- my heart just sinks, that many of you can relate! I now find the most difficult part of being in a same sex relationship to be the ttc. Everywhere I look I see and hear about hetro couples having sex for days straight in attempts to get pregnant, and it just makes me think, if they cant do it, what are my chances when I only see our donor once, maybe twice a month.

So the question I pose to all of you is- while in that heart crushing moment when you realize your tww was in vain, what gives you the strength to get up and try again? I absolutely want to have a baby, and I know it will all happen when it is supposed to, but the heartache involved seems to bring me weakness...

Re: 7 months and getting discouraged

• Hay there: I'm so sorry your feeling frustrated, I can totally relate its almost a constant devastation.
    My wife and I will be coming up on our first year of marriage next month. We were TTC with a known donor last year over the summer with no BFP
  • My DP and I tried for almost a year to get pregnant. We tried 5 cycles with frozen donor sperm and 5 cycles with fresh donor sperm. 

Yes it can be devastating to not have a BFP, but you knew going into this it wouldn't be

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • JGYJGY member

Welcome to the board!

For me the thing that helped from month to month was to read more about TTC, do research, and feel like I was always making progress somehow.  I know a lot of that is just who I am as a person, but I feel like it can'

Married to my amazing wife 6/12/10 
    TTC since 6/11
    Unmedicated IUI #1 - 6/28/11 - BFN
    Unmedicated IUI #2 - 7/25/11 - BFN
    Robotic Myomectomy (Fibroid Surgery) - 11/15/11
    Unmedicated IUI #3 - 4/24/12 - BFN 
    Progesterone Supported Leuteal Phase IUI #4 - 6/21/12 - BFP!!
    Baby Boy G Born 3/24/13

On to #2, are we crazy?
    IUI #1 - 11/28/14 - BFP!  Beta #1 (11DPO) 34, Beta #2 (13DPO) 101, Beta #3 (20DPO) 3043
    Ultrasound at 6w4d shows a single, fluttering heartbeat.  Say hello to Sticky Ricki!

• imageJGY:

The other things that helped me get through the immediate heartbreak of the BFN were large

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I agree with pp it's probably one of the most frustrating times in our lives. After over a year of BFN after BFN (13 back to back to be exact) we decided to take a break.  We ultimately had to seek help from an RE and do medicated cycles but now h

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
    EDD 02/21/13
    09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Thank you all for your words of encouragement, it really helps to know that there are others out there going through the same struggles that we are, and ones that have made it through! Right now were are in our dreaded two-week wait again!!! I think
  • Also, thanks for the welcome!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"