TTC after 35

IUI Monday Morning. When to stop BDing?

I know we're supposed to BD tonight but is tomorrow a "no, no,"& why.  I wanted to ask the nurse on the phone a few minutes ago when she gave me my ultrasound & estradiol results, but I felt like it was something I should know so I didn't ask!? This is going to be our first IUI.

Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...

Re: IUI Monday Morning. When to stop BDing?

• Yes, I would not bd tomorrow night! Abstaining 36 to 48 hours if your DH doesn't have a count issue is best for him to have a good sample for Monday! Are you triggering tonight? Bding tonight is good to get sperm in there pre Iui and then bding Monday or
  • Thank you!   I knew I had read about abstaining close to the day of IUI but I don't know why our RE didn't give us specific instructions. 
    Me: 42, DH: 43. We are so grateful to have a 2yr old daughter, conceived naturally after 3 miscarriages & no treatments (our Dr. gave us 1 more month to try on our own before advacing to IVF, & we conceived her naturally in January 2010)! Trying since April 2011 without sucess....MD said we were both "fine" & that if it wasn't happening, it was a chromosomal issue. Finally started Follistim 225mcg injections with an Ovidrel trigger November 2012. Bleeding 11 days post Ovidrel on November 25th. Starting the whole lab/Ultrasound/Follistim cycle again on November 27th...
  • Loading the player...
  • On my paperwork for my IUI yesterday it said to abstain for 48 hours. It was more than that for us, since DH was out of town for work all week. :(
  • We didn't get paperwork!! We're at a university hospital in CHicago & sometimes I feel like we're in a factory & they just assume the patients know the routine because THEY do the same thing over & over every day.  It will be less than 48
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"