May 2012 Moms

Opinions on food for party

Since DS's first birthday is quickly approaching (less than 1 month, where has the time gone?!) and so is his birthday party, I'm trying to really narrow down the little things about the party. We're having a relatively small party; including DH, DS & me, there will be no more than 15 people and DS will be the only child. I'm trying to figure out the best options for food. The party is at noon, so in addition to some select Hors d'oeuvre type things for the beginning of the party, I was thinking of getting a deli meat/sandwich platter and making a few pounds of spaghetti and meatballs, as well as a salad for the actual meal. It's a casual party we're hosting at home, but I wonder if people will expect more. The only birthday parties I've been to in recent years have been over the top, catered events, so I'm not entirely sure what's appropriate.

I don't know why I'm so worried about this!

BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15

Re: Opinions on food for party

• imagezoeygirl1105:

imagemichy
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That sounds like plenty to me. I'm having more people than you and planning some chips and snacks, heros, pizza (more for the kids) and some pasta/side salads.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That sounds great! We're doing a 2 o'clock party so no real meal just snacks. Crakers and cheese, veggies, cookies, cake pops, taco dip and chips,yogurt drops, and pop corn and cake and ice cream. All in yellow and brown tones since his party is spot the
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • imagemichyme123:
    Ours will also be a lunch thing and we are just doing a BBQ with burgers and hotdogs for the kids. Not sure of the side
  • This sounds like more than enough! but I totally understand the fear of being under prepared food wise.

We're doing A Very Hungry Caterpillar party and I've been obsessing over the food since it's such a big part of the book. My husband fina
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"