October 2012 Moms

Looking in dh's phone?

Do you ever do this? Not in a 'I'm trying to catch you doing something wrong' way, but in a purely nosey way? We do this. For example, his phone beeps w a text, I'm sitting next to it, his hands are tied, I say 'so and so texted you' and then I'll read him the text aloud. He does the same to me if in the same situation. No harm no foul. When I'm done texting for himI can obviously see his recent messages. I don't read convos, but I can see them. (we have iphones).

Do other people do this? Or are we weird? It got me thinking when another friend's live in bf looked thru her phone and found something he didn't like (she shouldn't have sent the text she did, but besides the point). She was angry that he looked in her phone. I commented Dh and I do that often. (but I guess ours has never ever been a 'looking FOR something' way?) she seemed appalled, like it was an invasion of privacy. I guess the way I see it, we're married, nothing to hide, We couldn't care less if we opened each others phones. Maybe we're in minority though?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Looking in dh's phone?

• I did this once when we were first married.  I found a ton of stuff I didn't want/need to see.  Mostly it was texts between him and his mom (about me, and about things that happened that they were keeping secret from me).  Part of me is gla
  • I've snooped to see who texts him but he's not much of a phone guy--has a track phone and couldn't care less about the newest gadgets or texting people.  He actually never reads/checks my phone.  I don't think it's weird at all, though, that

• Loading the player...
  • Nope we're the same way. I care less than my husband does, but he's never made a big deal. We don't read emails though. Although he could read mine if he really wanted because he could guess my password. The only time I'm secretive is around holidays if I
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not a private person so it doesn't really bother me at all.  WHoever is closest to a phone picks it up and answers it - niether of us are really in to texting.  He uses my laptop and my email is there so he can look if he wants.  His fa

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imagecardiganmom:
    The only time I'm secretive is around holidays if I bought something online and emails might show up. Otherwise I
  • We look at each others phone, like you describe.  I take his phone all the time- he has better games on his!  I know his email password too (he knows mine), he usually keeps it open on the home computer anyway.  He's super forgetful so it h
  • We both are open with this and mails but I also have nosed thru his phone and computer several times but with good reason...not proud of that but there was cause.
  • Yes, we don't care. I don't want him snooping through my TB posts though, lol.
    Birthday

• The only times I yell at DH for looking at my phone is when I've TMI conversations with my girlfriends. There's somethings that for their privacy he shouldn't read. I don't ever really look in his phone. Its just stupid texts with his brother or friends.
  • hs10hs10 member
    imagewinminpin08:

imagecardiganmo
  • We are supposed to be open books. He takes his everywhere he goes including the bathroom so I dont get a lot of opportunity but he would let me if I ask.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds pretty normal to me! DH and I have actually been this way since we started dating! He would even let me take his phone a couple of times when I needed. He did text me from someone else's phone when I had his and I could see his convos and I never s

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
      Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We do it, I'll see his phone ringing and tell him so and so is calling or i'll tell him he got a text and he'll usually ask me who was it from and what did they say - unless I can see when it immediately hits and I tell him. He does the same for me. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"