April 2011 Moms
Options

Pre-school?

Around where I live, (NYC Tri-State Area) parents start pre-school pretty early, like 2 - 2.5 year olds are in programs. I've started to look around since there are waiting lists for some of the better schools in the area. I also consult part-time, so am looking for a pre-school to substitute my sitter time two to three times per week at this point. My DD is very active and is happiest around other kids and people.

Anybody else looking around? Starting soon? Don't have plans to start for a while? What are your thoughts?

:) 

TTC #2
BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
ME: 40 yrs.old
DH: 41 yrs.old
DD: 5 yrs.

Re: Pre-school?

• Options

our daycare offers preschool so DS will start that sometime after he turns 3.  Our public school system offers preschool for 3 year olds but the center is in the opposite direction of work and we don't have transportation.  He'll just stay at

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Nora goes to a little licensed in-home, and the DCP does some curriculum with the kiddos; however, we have talked about putting her in an actual pre-school down the road. If we decide to do that, it will probably be just for one year before s

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We've applied to put DS into a Montessori program that starts accepting kids around age 2.5. We just think he would love it. It suits his personality and interests really well. We like his current daycare well enough; he's very happy and we will be fin

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD is enrolled in early pre-school at 2. We did the same with DD1.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The one that we are interested in takes them starting at age 3 so we are planning on that.  If we start him then we will only have to deal with ~4 months of two kids in full time daycare.  We LOVE his daycare (small in-home licensed) and he is l
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    AMB11AMB11 member
    Our older son almost 4 attends a arts focused magnet school which is similar to a regional public school. DS2 will attend the same school when he turns 3.
    Big Boy N - 2009
    Little Man Z - 2011
    Baby Girl E - 2013

• Options
    My niece started at Young World Day School in Mahwah at 2.5 and she loves it. If Hannah weren't in DC I would definitely look into it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

DS started at his preschool when he was 2.5 and DD will do the same. It's a school, not daycare and so it runs on the district school schedule. She'll start in Sept.

DS really benefited from the 2 year old program and I think DD will too,

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"