Food Allergy

I have immense respect for you guys.

First of all, thank you so much for answering my questions.  I checked with the moms at school today, and they were all totally shocked and touched that I would think of their kids.  Which makes me sad that clearly people aren't thinking this way.  

The Enjoy Life cookies were okay for all kids, even the one with the corn allergy!  Thank you SO much to the poster who gave me that recommendation!

And on that note, WHY DO HOT DOGS HAVE CORN IN THEM???  OMG!  Seriously, even the hippie hot dogs that I usually feel okay about feeding my kid had freaking corn in them!  I'm going to look at Whole Foods because I am kind of on a toot now, and I want my daughter's friends to be able to eat at her damn party.  

I don't know how you guys feed your babies.  It just broke my heart that there were SO many foods that were off limits.  I don't think it would have even crossed my mind, except that we have a friend whose kid has Ensinophilia and can't eat pretty much anything and we went to his 16th birthday party recently and his mom had made things that he was able to have, so we were talking about his food restrictions and how they affect their whole family.  They didn't have parmesan cheese in their house, you guys.  Or peanut butter.  Those are staples around my house.  It was a total eye-opener to me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I have immense respect for you guys.

• We don't want to be pitied - trust me.  We just get through like anyone else.  At first it's lot and then we learn what works and it's pretty easy.  Which is why I'm shocked why some parents of non-allergic kids make such a stink sometim

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"