Two Under 2
Options

attention seeking behavior

We are 4 months in to the 2u2 situation and our toddler (22 mos) is still just running from one thing he knows not to touch to another. He was never good about playing by himself or even playing with toys.  He is a very physical boy, but this is just driving us bonkers.  We simply can't remove everything in the home and we try to be consistent in our reprimands (redirect and "no"), but this is all too much.  The stress is bringing our marriage and family to the brink. (I am a WM and my DH is a SAHD by circumstance, rather than choice.)  He just makes a beeline from swinging the pictures on the wall, to opening and closing the dvd player, to DS2's bouncer, to climbing the pnp.   We give him plenty of attention - maybe even more since DS2's arrival!  He shows a gentle side and is very loving to DS2 but he is very obvious in his desire to defy us.

We've even talked about putting DS1 in daycare even though DH is a SAHD!  Can anyone else identify with this behavior?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: attention seeking behavior

• Options

you need to hardwire your child to want positive attention vs negative attention. offer lots of praise for good behavior/ignore bad.

a lot of what you mention you can avoid battling over by relocating to a different location. dvd players don'

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Above advice is excellent, I just want to add one thing:  maybe DS needs more physically active time every day.  My 20 month DS starts getting into everything and doing the same behaviors you describe when he's bored.  He gets at least an h
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the advice but unfortunately we are doing all of the above already.  As I said, DS1 gets lots of attention- we "catch" him being good and always give kisses and we also make time for one-on-one activities.  Also, we are in a colder

• Options
    Have you figured out what he's "in to" yet? I know that sounds weird but with DS1 I would try to read to him and he would do exactly what you say. Not sit still turn all the pages so I couldn't read them. I tried play dough he didnt even look at it twic
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"