Los Angeles Babies

Moving to LA...best place to live?

My husband's job may be taking us to LA in the next few months. We have 2 boys 7 and 4. I don't know very much about the area at all and I'm looking for advice on neighborhoods to buy or rent. He would be working in downtown LA so I want something that would be a short commute if possible. A family neighborhood with good schools (or good private schools if necessary). Our price range to buy would be $700 - $900K or to rent $4K - $5K a month. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

TIA! 

Re: Moving to LA...best place to live?

• It really depends on where you want to live.  Do you want suburbia, city life or beach community?  

I don't know of a good family area to live in with a short commute to DT LA.  Everything is a bit of a commute (45-1 hr

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with the PP- there really isn't much that is a short commute to downtown, especially if you are looking for a nice neighborhood/family-oriented/good schools/etc. 

I'd recommend Westchester. It is a smaller town, not far from the airp

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I live in Westchester too. We love it here. My DH grew up here and never left :
  • layuhlayuh member
    I live in South Pasadena and it's close to downtown and a wonderful family friendly community.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • South Pasadena, Pasadena, La Canada, and Glendale will probably be your closest commute.  Pasadena has some great private schools.  La Canada's public school district is considered very good, but it is expensive to live there.

<p
  • I second La Canada, South Pasadena, and Glendale.

Also, very close to DTLA is Mount Washington, Eagle Rock, and Silver Lake. I grew up in those areas and my parents were able to take streets to DTLA and get to work in 15 min.

Anniversary
  • imagewedsept:
    South Pasadena, Pasadena, La Canada,nbsp;and Glendale will probably be your closest commute.nbsp; Pasadenanbsp;has some gr
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We live in pasadena & love it. It's has safe areas, the metro that'll take you to most cities out west, & is close to most major freeways. DH has been here all his life.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We live in Hancock Park, which is about 20 minutes local commute to downtown. Hancock Park is a historic and affluent urban neighborhood in Los Angeles. Third Street 
  • imageMar5195:

It really depends on where you want to live.  Do you want suburbia, city life or beach community?   </

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"