TTC after 35

XP: Intro

Hello!

I have been lurking for a few months. Now that DH and I are officially TTC, I thought I would introduce myself. I am 39 (soon to be 40) and my DH is 42. I went off BCP's and started charting three months ago. This is the first attempt for the both of us. No previous pregnancies or issues (at least that I know of.) Right now we are just trying to "have fun" but I am considering using OPK's next cycle.

DH and I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago. I fundraise for a local non-profit with a focus on ALS (Lou Gehrig's disease) and DH owns a computer software company. We are very newly married (March 9) and have been together nearly 3 years.

Thank you for sharing your journey here. It has been a pleasure lurking and getting to know you. I am an ubber-newbie, so I don't have much advice to offer, but I will be supportive when I can.

Thoughts, opinions and the occasional swift kick in the arse are welcome. I look forward to getting to know you!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Intro

• Welcome and best of luck!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• welcome to the group!  i think charting and opks are the biggest recipe for success - the longer one waits the more they regret not starting sooner :)  sounds like you're halfway there
    Me: 37 DH: 37 TTC since Jan 2012. RE consult and initial testing done in Aug 2012: SA fine, AMH 1.1 & HSG clear - on way to IUI but got BFP on 9/10/2012. m/c 10/3/2012 at 6w5d. BFP next cycle which was a c/p. IUI #1: Clomid 100mg 12/6= BFN. IUI#2 (unmedicated) Jan 2013 = BFN. Hysteroscopy 1/25/13. IUI#3 Clomid 100mg 2/23 = BFN IUI# 4: BFN. IVF #1 April 2013, BFP!  EDD 1/12/14 with Boy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your marriage and best of luck! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Welcome to the group.....and, hope that your stay will be short and sweet.   You will find that the ladies are alot of fun, supportive and knowledgable with TTC and IF issues.  Look forward to hearing and being a part of your journe

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Welcome and congrats on getting married!

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• Congratulations on your recent wedding and welcome to the group!!

I live in the Western Suburbs of Chicago.

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Exactly what everyone has said! And I would also add that if you find you aren't having any success, seeing an RE could be very very helpful! Good luck to you!! Welcome to the board!
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • Thank you all for the very warm welcome and the good wishes!

I haven't considered seeing an RE yet; we are going the natural route for a few months. My OB/GYN recommended that we try on our own for 4 - 6 months. If no BFP, then we will start expl

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Usually, your OB/Gyn......, they will recommend one and send over your medical records in the process.  So, just follow your OB's advice of the 4-6  month protocol and check back with him or her with your results....hopefully, a good o
  • imageJacque Sills:
    Usually, your OB/Gyn......, they will recommend one and send over your medical records in the process.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your welcome. 

By the way, not sure, if, you are taking the more relaxed approach right now, if so forget what I am going to write down below.  Lol.....

But, if you want to start to learn more about TTC succes

• imageJacque Sills:

Your welcome. 

By the way, not sure, if, you are taking the more relaxed approach right now, if so f

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds like you got this in the bag...Lol.  Geeked  You sound like me, an information junkie.  And, a great approach for how to go about it.  Making this f

• I just wanted to say that I have 8 OPKs left from my last cycle if you could use them. They are the Target brand and they have to be used by April 5. If you want them I would be happy to send them to you, I would rather give them to someone than let the
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • imageGuennie:
    I just wanted to say that I have 8 OPKs left from my last cycle if you could use them. They are the Target brand and
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And Guennie...I just read your siggy...woohoo for you!!! Sending you positive vibes and wishing you smooth sailing for the next nine months.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"