Maryland Babies

Preschool going to bed issues

We have problems.

Sydney cries and screams at bedtime and I feel like we've tried everything. We have a bedtime routine that includes bath, a show, teeth, potty and books. And dim lighting. It's been this way for a long time. Yet every time the books are finished, the tantrum starts.

We instituted a sticker chart and that worked fabulously for about two weeks. This week it's been back to normal though and she doesn't even care about getting a sticker, she is more concerned with making sure I don't leave the room and uses every stall tactic possible.

We have two night lights, white noise, and the girls share a room so she has company in there with her.

The only thing that's worked for the past two nights is letting one of our dogs sleep in there with them. We typically don't let the dogs upstairs so I can keep the area hairfree, but I guess it's a small price to pay for a calm bedtime. Knowing her, this will only work for a few days.

Any ideas?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Preschool going to bed issues

• It sounds like maybe she's overtired - I'd try to shorten that bedtime routine up or start a little earlier. 

If that didn't work, I'd add a timer and start taking away books and the show to the bedtime routine if she can't stay on s

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I have to lay down with Sean every night for him to fall asleep. It really really sucks but he is terrified of being in his room alone.

The only reason I dont address it more aggressively is because once he starts crying, DS2 wakes up and then it

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I hate bedtime too.

They share a room so I can't have this screaming and crying since 90 percent of the time, Violet is already asleep.

I think I will try to going in to check on her periodically and someone on my BMB suggested
  • imageMegcheer2:
    I hate bedtime too. They share a room so I can't have this screaming and crying since 90 percent of the time, Viole
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKathrynMD:

imageMegcheer2:</
  • I'm glad I'm not the only one having issues!
  • I was having the same problem with DD at about 2.5 years of age where she'd cry and have a fit if I didn't sleep on the floor next to her until she fell asleep, which took 1-2 hours.  It was very frustrating because if I left too early, she'd wake

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't have much advice that hasn't been said already. One little thing that helped when Chloe started going through this was telling her exactly what I was doing after I left her room, and spun it to make it benefit her. "I need to wash dishes so we

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"