December 2010 Moms
Options

Zoloft - talk to me

I've been feeling really off lately.  I wouldn't even call it depressed or anxious but just not really happy or excited about things.  I saw the NP yesterday and she prescribed Zoloft.  She thinks I may be going through some late onset PPD related to my BFing supply drop.  

I've never taken anything like this before so I don't know what to expect.  And she said it could take weeks to really notice a difference.  Would it be a sudden difference when it kicks in?  Or will I just realize one day that things have been better recently?  I don't want too high expectations but I don't want to take something like this if it doesn't help that much.

If anyone is willing to share your experience I would appreciate it.

Also, how long did you take it for?   

image   image

Re: Zoloft - talk to me

• Options
    My mom took it. It took a few weeks and one day she just woke up happy and "normal". Just don't quit it too soon and when you do come off wean yourself. My mom quit cold turkey and had to start taking cymbalta. Now she's addicted to it and if she doesn'

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options

After I graduated from college I moved 1500 miles from home and all my friends to start my job.  I was totally alone and was feeling really blue.  My PCP at the time recommended that I try Zoloft to boost my moods.  As JBM said I just wo

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks ladies.  Well I already don't have any drive and don't sleep since I've been KU or BFing for 35 of the last 37 months lol so I guess no real loss there!

image   image

• Options

I'm not on Zoloft but I am taking meds for anxiety/depression.

For me it hasn't been an instant fix, more or a gradual thing. The meds have been something that have helped me "level" myself out. Like you, I already have no sex drive or consistent

imageimage
  • Options
    imageSerendipity117:

I'm not on Zoloft but I am taking meds for anxiety/depression.

For me it hasn't been an instant fix, mor

image   image

• Options
    imageEMO-mamma:
    imageSerendipity
    imageimage
  • Options

I've taken a couple different things for depression/anxiety in the past.  I think zolofot was one of them, but I can't remember.  My main complaint about 2 of the 3 I took was when they kicked in it wasn't that I was happier, I just didn't gi

image  image
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Options
    imageEVM1216:
    I've taken a couple different things for depression/anxiety in the past.nbsp; I think zolofot was one of them, but I can't

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    I was perscribed it when I had migranes...supposedly it was supposed to help something in my brain that deals with happiness which then gets rid of headaches (totally scientific, I know). Anyways, I don't have much advice because I broke out in a huge ras
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I took Zoloft for about 6 months after Duncan was born. My on mentioned that it does make some people have difficulty sleeping so she had me take it in the mornings. I slept great because my anxiety was gone. I can't speak to the sex drive issue though s
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"