One & Done: Only child
Options

Advice help me make a decision

Well my brother is getting married this week and what do you know my DS gets sick Sunday night. I took him to the dr Tuesday he has an ear infection and his top two teeth are breaking through on top of the cold. He hasn't been sleeping well at night obviously and is overall pathetic and clingy. The wedding is out of town and my IL's are/were staying with him. They assure me they have no problem watching him and want us to go. My family also is pressuring me to be at all the wedding festivities. Oh and DH and I are both IN the wedding.

Now I just don't know what to do. I feel so guilty/ sad about leaving my DS all weekend. But at the same time this is my only brother- we aren't super close but he was there all weekend and helped a lot at my wedding. So I feel guilty too about maybe missing some of the wedding. Plus, I was looking forward to some hotel time with H bc it's also his birthday weekend.

My options are this since I know I must be at the ceremony:

Go to the bridal luncheon and rehearsal on Fri and  leave DH and IL with DS and I come back at night. DH and I go to ceremony and leave after photos Sat.

Spend the whole weekend like we planned.

Re: Advice help me make a decision

• Options

I think you should spend the whole weekend as planned.

In 5 years I think you would feel majorly guilty about spending such an important time with your brother and not even remember that DS was minorly (not downplaying, just saying it isn't somet

• Options

I agree with Hopeful, you should spend the whole weekend as planned.  Especially since you're in the wedding.  I'm sure your ILs will take great care of him, grandparents usually do.  The weekend is also a few days aw

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagehopefulmom81:

In 5 years I think you would feel majorly guilty ab

• Options
    MsLsMsLs member
    Thanks ladies! You're right I will feel guilty if I miss out on this wedding it is like 6 years in the making. 
  • Options
    imagehopefulmom81:

In 5 years I think you would feel majorly guilty ab

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Yup, I agree with everyone else. I would go fully as planned.

I wouldn't want to leave my daughter if sick, either, but I would trust my parents to handle it.. and yours said they'd be fine, so take advantage of it.  

E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"