Military Families

NBR - Moving Claim Question - Updated!!!

{UPDATE - It hasn't been too long, and I got an offer today from Eagle Claims. They offered almost 75% of what I claimed. They accepted all the small value items as claimed, and they offered less on 3 big ticket items that were older and no longer replaceable in kind. We also can't prove what we paid for those items because they are so old. I'm stoked, and as soon as hubby calls me back and agrees, I'm going to accept the offer! Thanks for all the help ladies!} 

If you've filed a moving claim since the Army took over the process for all branches, can you tell me how thorough you had to be with the cost information for each item you claimed?

It was different last time I did it 3 years ago, and after fighting with this antiquated system for 4 hours today, I'm not wanting to put too much more effort into it. I finished the first part - the notification process, but now I have to file the claim itself. It says I need to know when the item was purchased, how much it was purchased for, and how much I expect to be reimbursed for it. It also mentions providing photos and receipts.

I am planning to put full replacement value for everything, but how much support do I need for those numbers? I'm not planning to rip them off or anything, or even try to. But I also don't want to buy everything until they actually give us the money. This move has been crazy expensive, and we're still waiting on our travel reimbursement 3 months later, too. Do I *have* to have receipts to back up the replacement value price?

I don't meant to post and run, but I'll check back later tonight, so if you have time to share your experience or any pointers, I really appreciate it!

:) 

Re: NBR - Moving Claim Question - Updated!!!

• You don't have to have receipts. Tell them what you paid for it. They will counter with a number they find for the cost. For example, my husband's iPad was stolen during our most recent move. We told them what we paid for it when we bought it from appl

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • we did the claim with the prices we felt were fair (some of it was 100 year old china). they didnt fight it and about 2 weeks later we got  check for the full amount :) it was super easy for us!

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• Loading the player...
  • MiahTMiahT member
    Our last move ended up with a few pieces of hand made stained glass (made by my sister) and an heirloom bench broken, as they were gifts we had no receipts and no real clue of replacement/repair costs.  We were asked to find someone to appraise the v
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you ladies! I'm going to finish this thing tonight, and hope it's an easy approval. If not, at least now I know what to expect!
  • I hope the system is easier on you than it was for us. We had $3200 worth of damages and loss and threemonths later we saw a check for $300. Honestly, after everything we went through to gather all information andhave inspectors come to our home to ins

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• We only had a few items to claim - 2 bookshelves, a tv stand, some plastic bins (toy boxes), and some irreplaceable items purchased overseas.

For replacement value, I knew where we'd purchased the stuff, so I just looked up the current prices for

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageladybugpjb:

We only had a few items to claim - 2 bookshelves, a tv stand, some plastic bins (toy boxes), and some irreplaceabl

• Finally finished the claim! 28 items total. It sure felt like more was broken as we unpacked. Now to wait for them to contact me, and hope they just give me a decent amount and I can be done with it. 

A friend told me it took 13 months to ge

• They responded and told me the 60 days and backlogged thing too, in addition to all of the 'we reserve the right to' blah blah blah. I wish I could reserve the right to not have all my stuff broken and not have to deal with this! ;)
  • We accepted their offer last night (see update in original post), and now I'm just looking forward to getting that check! This is the first time I've done the process 'correctly' I think, from inventory at the beginning to claim at the end, so it's nice t
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"