New Jersey Babies
Options

Anyone use an OB in NY?

Hi everyone, 

I have been on the boards for quite a while but this is my very first post! I am so excited to be part of this community. So I have a quick question. I live in northern NJ about 45 min away from the city...on a good day.. or up to an a hour and a half with traffic. I have had a ob/gyno  in NY for the longest time. He is an amazing doctor and I trust him, since he worked with my mom when she had cancer (I truly believe she recovered because of him). However, I am concerned about how I would get to him if I had an emergency and couldn't get to him. I am also concerned because I heard about women that go into the hospital for labor and being told to come back in 5 to 12 hours, which would be difficult to commute back and forth. I am only 6 weeks along but I am trying to make a decision now, so I don't end up with a brand new ob during delivery. Any advice/thoughts? 

Thank you!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone use an OB in NY?

• Options
    I'm in the same spot since I live in Hudson county but love my OB in the city. I am switching though since a) i want to be able to get to the OB easily and not worry about NY tunnel traffic and b) because i don't love the hospital she delivers in. So prob
  • Options
    Yes, I used a NYC ob for baby number one, and I will be doing so again for baby #2 (due in june).  There are alot of cons, including commuting for all those appointments, and nyc hospitals where you have to pay an arm and a leg for a private room. &n
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I recently moved to Hudson county to be closer to family.  After 20 years in the city I had come to love doctors and hospitals there.  I have chosen to birth in NYC.  the plan is to labor at home as long as I can or stay with the Godmoth

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"