TTC after 35

waiting for af after d&c

hello ladies! Well i'd come by here in January and introduced myself. I was 36 and had been ttc my first child since November. I got my BFP on valentine's day and was thrilled of course. I was honestly feeling a little guilty for getting one so quickly, after reading all you beautiful women's stories about ttc. I was thrilled tho of course. anyway went to the doc to get my 8 week sonogram and the baby had no heart beat. :( i was devastated, obviously. So THAT'S what that feels like. ouch.Ive had several friends go through this and never fully understood how much it hurts your heart.

I got a D&C 1.5 weeks ago and have my follow up appointment on Friday. the cramping was bad for the first few days but it's gone now. i only bled the day of then that stopped. To make matters harder on me, my best friend found out the say after me that she was also pregnant. Now i'm having a really hard time talking to her about hers. Any thoughts on how to deal with that?

Also wondering how long it's taken any of you to get af after the d&c? I started temping again but it's all over the place.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: waiting for af after d&c

• I am sorry your suffered a loss.  Check out miscarriage/loss and ttc after a loss boards they will also be very helpful with your questions.  I haven't had a D&C but I did have a D&E which is similar.  It took 4 wks for a normal per
  • QOTRQOTR member
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I had a D & C in July 2012 when we found out at 8 weeks our babies were not viable (no heartbeats).  My AF came back four weeks after the surgery.  The first AF was light probably bec

H: 34 dx Azoospermia due to CBAVD from CF  
    ME: 39 IS FINE!!!  DOR and poor AMH/FSH/LH
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #1 Beta 1 373 Beta 2 1783 BOY/GIRL TWINS!! Born April 2010!!
    Natural FET 5/26/12 2 blasts Beta 1 207 Beta 2 513 Beta 3 1377 U/S 6/28 Pregnancy not viable d & c scheduled :( 
    IVF/ICSI/PESA #2 ER 11/15/12 Nothing to transfer :( 
    IVF/ICSI #3 April 2013 MDLF 3dt of 3 embryos, chemical :(  
    IVF #4/ICSI/MESA/CCS/FET EPP April 2015
    ODWU CCRM with Dr. Sch COMPLETE!!!! Put on acai supplement they are studying for DOR and embryo quality.
    DAY 3 Labs Drawn 2/26 put on vitamin D and calcium supplements
    Regroup and Protocol Reveal 3/04 "Bazooka Protocol" EPP with MDLF "Protocol 6 with patches"
    ER/MESA 4/10 ER 9 eggs retrieved MESA success found live swimmers :)
    Fertilization Report 6 eggs mature and ICSI'd 4 eggs fertilized normally
    Day 6 Report to Blast for CCS 4/16: 2 DAY 5 BLASTS BIOPSIED FOR CCS a 4AB and a 3AB!!!!
    CCS Results BOTH BLASTS CCS NORMAL!!!!!!  call on 4/24
    Regroup call to discuss CCS results and FET call on 5/20
    FET prep: CD 1 6/08 CD 3 Start BCP 6/10, HSG 6/12 Lupron Start 10 iu 6/17 End BCP 6/21 CD 1 6/23!!!
    Start vivelle patches 6/25 change e/o/d reduce Lupron to 5iu 6/25 Blood Draw 7/01, 7/08, 7/15, 7/19
    Increase vivelle patches 7/03 2 change e/o/d and 7/05 change e/o/d 3 and 7/07 4 change e/o/d add vaginal estrace 2x a day
    Lining Check/Blood Draw 7/08 and 7/15 End Lupron 7/18  Start PIO 1ml daily 7/18  Blood  Draw 7/19
    Flight to clinic 7/22
    FET 2 CCS BLASTS :):)  7/23 :):) YES YES both thawed and both fully expanded :):)
    7/26 :):) 3dp5dt PM very very faint positive FRER
    7/27: 4dp5dt Neg Digi AM but very very faint positive FRER PM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 1-2 :):) 
    7/31:8dp5dt AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 2-3!!!! :):) 
    Beta 1 8/01= 408!!!!!!!!!! at 9dp5dt FET
    Beta 2 8/03 = 1014!!!!!!!!!! at 11dp5dt FET
    8/05/2015 AM POSITIVE DIGI CLEARBLUE PREGNANT 3+!!!! :):) 
    First Ultrasound: 8/20!!!!!! TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Genetics says BOTH BOYS!!!!!!!!!
    Second Ultrasound: 9/03!!!!!!!!!!

• hi! ugh, 20 weeks! i can only imagine how hard that must have been. I was amazed how attached i'd grown to my little blueberry at only 8 weeks. thanks for writing and sharing your story! that makes sense about the business end of things but not the fun

• aw twins huh?! i'm so sorry. thank you for the input. my doc hadnt really saaid anything about when to expect AF, just that we could try again after she comes! my AF's are always very light so i don't know what to expect. thank you so much for the insight
  • I had a D&E in November at 14 weeks. The week after, I learned that one of my good friends is pregnant. I work with her and see her growing belly daily. At first it was really difficult to see her and talk about it, but it has gotten much easier. On t

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so so sorry for your loss. I have had two DCs now and both times my body went completely out of whack. My problem was that the bleeding never stopped. The first time they put me on bc pills for two months and that put me back into a normal cycle.
    Me:41, DH:41 Positive for MTHFR mutations- one copy C677T, one copy A1298C. One daughter born on Thanksgiving in 2013. Six losses.
  • I'm sorry for your loss.

I had a miscarriage at about 7 weeks in December and had a D&C, and it was about 4 weeks before I got my period again.

TTC since 3/2010. Me 41, DH-49. After 3 years, 6 IUIs and several IVFs we have finally have our beautiful baby girl, born on 11/7/13.

• I am so sorry for your loss.  I had a miscarriage 2 weeks after my 39 birthday last month.  2.8 my bday 2.22 DnC  2.29 hubby bday.  

The first week was the hardest for me, it has been slowly getting easier but still tough. &nb

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I am so sorry for your loss....I have had two miscarriages, but I haven't had a D&C, just natural....so, no advice in that regard.....just, understand the loss and the healing processs....and, that you should allow yourself to heal in the time that

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • I'm sorry for your loss.

I had a miscarriage last June. The first month was the hardest. Then it got a little better.  Then the month came when our baby would have been born and our good friends and my sister-in-law both had babi

• thank you so much everyone for sharing your stories! It does make me feel so much less alone. I ahev many friends who have had mc's but they all have kids now, so i fee kind of alone in my struggles, since all i want is to be a mom and not just a stepm

• So sorry for your loss :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"