Single Parents
Options

I just can't get a break...

So I feel absolutely defeated at this point. I don't know what to do anymore. On top of preparing for my son who will be here in 2 months I got laid off from my job on Thursday. My insurance cut off on Friday and I'm now at my every 2 week appointments and I have applied for unemployment and medicaid but I have already made too much money for this month to get any insurance coverage. As for unemployment I will be making less than half of what I was making at my job and I literally can't survive off of that. I was already working 2 jobs in order to get ready for the baby and now I have a part time job that is affecting how much I make in unemployment yet I can't quit or I forfeit my unemployment pay all together. I have already applied to an endless amount of jobs since Thursday, but, lets be honest whos going to hire someone 7 months pregnant.

Re: I just can't get a break...

• Options
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. that is really rough. :( i hope something works out for you I really do..I don't know what to say but I'm sending positive vibes your way...
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options

Very sorry about your luck.  Laying off a pregnant woman is kind of low.  Have you looked into WiC or any other programs?  I didn't think I would qualify because I make too much but they told me last week a family of two (you and baby) h

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagetig594:
    Very sorry about your luck.nbsp; Laying off a pregnant woman is kind of low.nbsp; Have you looked into WiC or any other pro
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagetig594:
    Very sorry about your luck.nbsp; Laying off a pregnant woman is kind of low.nbsp; Have you looked into WiC or any other pro
  • Options
    Yes, that is what I am saying and it's apparently their guideline.  I also expect to pay over $15000 out of pocket in medical costs this year with only 1/4 of that being related to pregnancy/delivery expenses.  That is with health insurance.&nbs
  • Options

Will you get Medicaid once this month is over? Check with your ob/gyn and the hospital you'll be delivering at and ask them about financial assistance and what the income guidelines are to see if you'll qualify.

And def check into WIC pro

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Thank you ladies, I truly appreciate the support. I have applied for medicaid but haven't heard anything back yet. I know I will get through this but it just sucks anyway. But what doesn't kill me only makes me stronger right?

• Options
    The Dr and Hospital will do payment plans.

• Options
    imagetig594:
    Yes, that is what I am saying and it's apparently their guideline.nbsp; I also expect to pay over 15000 out of pocket in me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"