Pregnant after 35
Options

Disney World

Hi all!!!  I'm new to this board.  Just found out last week that I'm pregnant!  What a shock!!!!  I have a 12 year old daughter.  I'm 6 weeks and headed to Disney World next week for Spring Break.  What do you think about the rides?  Will it be safe?  I don't have any history of miscarriages.  Thanks for your opinions!!!

Re: Disney World

• Options

Hi!  Congratulations and welcome.  I have read mixed things (and heard mixed things from Individuals) about this.  

My personal experience.  I went to Disneyland at week 19 and decided to tr

• Options
    Welcome and congrats!  It should be safe at this early stage, but as PP said you need to listen to your body.  If you are starting to feel morning sickness by then, you may not feel much like going on rides.  If you are unsure about anythin
    Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats!  I'm here in Orlando and go to the mouse all the time.  Each ride will list dangers out front on a sign, if there are any.  I would avoid any that specifically say no to pregnant women.  Good luck and have fun!!

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

imageAlicialgb:
    Congrats!  I'm here in Orlando and go to the mouse all the time.  Each ride will list dangers out front o
    Over-40 parents...what we lack in vigor, we make up for with cunning.
  • Options

I found this smikkles, hope it helps!

Avoid attractions with health restrictions. These restrictions are always posted at the attraction itself, or you can check the PassPorter Walt Disney World guidebook to find out before you go. In general,

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

We just went with our 2 year old last fall, when I was about 19-20 weeks, and there are only a true handful of rides you ought to avoid.  At Magic Kindom, I'd skip Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, and Space Mountain; at Epcot I'd skip Mission Space a

Son #1 is already 2! Not too much longer until Son No.2 arrives! Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Another Orlando resident...avoid anything that will shake you up, spin you, cause G-Forces....Keep the rides slow moving....boat rides, the train, Spaceship Earth...even Soarin' should be fine....just stick to the gentle stuff, drink lots of water....its

• Options

I found out I was pregnant about 2 days before going to Disney World/Universal Studios. 

There are a good number of rides at Disney World that are safe for expectant mothers and marked as such. When I was at Universal Studios, NONE of the ri

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I went to Disneyworld last fall when I was 7 weeks pregnant. I rode all of the kiddie rides with DD, but sat out from the roller coasters. If you look up any of the rides on the WDW webpage, it will say so if they're not recommended for pregnant women. It

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options

Hi there-I am a Disney travel agent and ex cast member.  There are not that many rides to avoid to be honest.  Drink plenty of water as the walking is a LOT- especially in Epcot and Animal Kingdom. 

You'll want to avoid:

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Michelle- 39, DH 41 Mom to 5yo boy (IVF) Latest pregnancy- IVF #1- ER- 11/30 ET- 3 day, 12/3- 3 8 cell embies Beta- 14dpo- 488 Beta- 18dpo- 2500 7 week U/S 1/4- TWINS! EDD 8/21/13
  • Options
    Wow you are pregnant and going to Disney World!!!!!  You lucky duck!!  Have fun but I agree with the others who said that you should let your body tell you, look for signs about pregnant woman and call your doctor.   Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"