Maryland Babies

New Mom Pediatrician Appointment/ Interview

Hi, i'm 31 weeks pregnant and i am starting to interview pediatricians. I have a bunch of recommendations from my OB and i'm looking to meet about 5 of them and then pick one (John Hopkins Community Physicians in Canton; Mercy Family Care Downtown; Cross Keys Pediatrics; Watchem Sprout Pediatrics and Dr. Steven Kaplan). As i am starting to call and make appointments i am finding that these initial interviews are being scheduled as actual doctor appointments and will go through insurance. I was wondering if anyone has had different experiences where these initial interviews were free of charge? i'm not sure if my insurance covers this kind of appointments, but even if they do, i'd still have to pay the co-pay at each of these interview visits and that will add up. 

I appreciate any feedback anyone might have.  

Thanks! 

Re: New Mom Pediatrician Appointment/ Interview

• Oh i hope someone has an answer, I've been wondering this too!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagecocobean2011:

Hi, i'm 31 weeks pregnant and i am starting to interview pediatricians. I have a bunch of recommendations from m

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto kathryn -  I think the monthly (or quarterly maybe with some practices) are much more common than scheduling an actual appointment.  If you want an appointment at a doctor's office, it makes sense you would have to pay.

But to

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrsbecky07:

Ditto kathryn -  I think the monthly (or quarterly maybe with some practices) are much more common than sched

BFP#1: 01/10, M/C 6w
    BFP#2: 06/10, M/C 5w
    BFP#3: 09/10, DS born June 1, 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#4: 07/12, M/C 5w3d
    BFP#5: 12/12, EDD 08/18/13
    Pregnancy Ticker

My Blog: Decorate This
  • Has anyone here had any experiences with any of these doctors/ practices:

John Hopkins Community Physicians in Canton - Dr. Schrock

<span st

• My pediatrician village pediatrics as well as two others met with us one on one and totally free of charge.
  • I interviewed several pediatricians (the only one from your list was Dr. Steven Caplan) but I did not have to pay anything or submit anything to insurance. FWIW, I highly recommend Dr. Caplan. We chose him as our pediatrician and have been so happy with h

• imageKathrynMD:
    imagecocobean201

• ras26ras26 member
    We only met with one, and we chose to talk to him based on some recommendations here.  We did have a 1-1 with him, after his office hours (5pm) and there was no charge.  It is a solo practice though, so maybe larger offices are different.
    IMG_2304IMG_3206
    Baby Girl #2 is on her way!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I interviewed my DD pedi and it was totally free! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mine did an interview and it did not go through insurance.  that's strange IMO...
    image DD#1-Lillian (Lilly) Grace BabyFruit Ticker BLOG:http://lifeasweknowitkelly.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"