Parenting after 35

Night shift and prego!

Hello ladies. I'm new to the forum and 5 weeks pregnant with my first at age 37. I had a miscarriage in September 2012 so I'm a bit wounded this time around.  I was wondering if anyone works night shift and how that is working for you. I'm a nurse and just about to start a new job with a shift of 7pm to 7am. I'm hoping I can still have a healthy pregnancy with those hours. Thanks!

Re: Night shift and prego!

• mwdmwd member
    First of all, congrats!  I hope everything goes well for a happy and healthy pregnancy.  I have met a lot of nurses who survived those 12 hour shifts while pregnant.  Good luck! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • rn8rn8 member

Hi-

I am a nurse and started 12 hour night shift at age 34 when I was 12 weeks pregnant with twins.  When I came home, I took a shower and went right to bed, and honestly stayed there until I needed to get ready for my next shift (we usually

B/G twins born 5/12

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you for your response. I've been a bit concerned about how to make this work. You gave great advice about how to manage this new transition. Thanks again.
  • Good morning
    I am not a nurse but I am a night manager and work 7308 for 4 nights then I have 4 nights off. I am currently 19 weeks along. Like pp I try to take a shower, throw something in the crock pot for dinner and eat some breakfast or I guess
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker .facebook_-966822808 IMG00064-20101108-0836 20120901_120106 BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"