Military Families
Options

Space A Travel~Anyone's DH use it to get home from a deployment early?

I know someone whose DH is deployed (to Japan) and he told her there is a chance he could use Space A travel to get home for the birth of their child.  He was originally due to come home a week prior to her due date but now with budget stuff going on it's anyone's guess.  Since it is supposed to be the end of his deployment, he has told her there is a small chance he could appeal to his superiors to allow him to come home before the due date on Space A travel just to lock in the best possibility of him being there for the birth......  Does this even sound possible?  I've never heard of something like this being allowed.  I don't want her to get her hopes up for nothing but for her sake I do hope he gets to come home on time one way or another.  
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Space A Travel~Anyone's DH use it to get home from a deployment early?

• Options

There are so, so, so many variables at play here that it is impossible to even hazard a guess as to whether or not the service member will make it home in time for the birth.

My personal advice would be to get good with having to deliver without

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Having been stationed in Asia, I don't think flying space A from Japan to CONUS is a reliable, timely form of transportation.  If he really wants to come home for the birth he should buy a ticket.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSmudges*Mom:

There are so, so, so many variables at play here that it is impossible to even hazard a guess as to whether or no

• Options

imageCarnation77:
    Having been stationed in Asia, I don't think flying space A from Japan to CONUS is a reliable, timely form of tra

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    Yeah she said something about getting him "so far" like perhaps Seattle (I don't know why Seattle) and then purchasing his ticket the rest of the way.  I think she's okay knowing she could go it alone but just would love for him to be there....like a
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto what others said on how unreliable Space A can be especially if it's for a birth. If you have a flexible schedule, Space A can be great though. In the event he is let go from deployment early(not sure how this is likely honestly..) I would recommend
    photo 62311_641358625876336_1472599566_n.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

My husband did fly home from a deployment "Space A" on a rotator out of Bahrain.  He wasn't standing by though, he was on official Navy business back to the US (he was leaving one command and starting at a new one and had a date to repor

Married 6/28/03

Kate ~ 7/3/09 *** Connor ~ 11/11/10

4 miscarriages: 2007, 2009, 2013, 2014

*~*~*~*~*

No more TTC for us. We are done, and at peace, as a family of 4.

"Suffering has been stronger than all other teaching, and has taught me to understand what your heart used to be. I have been bent and broken, but – I hope – into a better shape.” — Charles Dickens

• Options
    It's possible. But not guaranteed at all if his superiors put him on emergency leave he wouldn't get bumped for a seat, but I am not sure that healthy delivery would qualify for e leave.... It is possible, but plan for the worst, hope for the best is sort
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"